Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Perdomo

So i was at a Perdomo event at my B&M a while back and there was a buy three get one free deal goin on so I bought a Perdomo reserve 10th champagne, (which i smoked there and wasnt impressed with) a perdomo habano maduro, a perdomo 2 habano, and they gave me a perdomo reserve cabinet series maduro. Has anyone tried the last three? If so can you give a little feedback? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    I dont know why, but the 10th Champagne has become one of my favs lately. Havent had the others yet. I have a habano maduro sitting in the humi. Ill hit it up soon.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the perdomo 2 habano isnt too bad.

i have a habano maduro in my humidor right now...

all in all i havent tried too many perdomos.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    The only Perdomo I've had is the Perdomo 10th Maduro. It was decent. It had a lot of burn issues and wasn't all that enjoyable. About a day after I smoked it, I ran into a guy at the B&M who said he had the same problems with about two or three of them he got in a sampler at another B&M. He wasn't sure if it was just a bad batch because the place he went to was a bit downtrodden. That's my only experience with Perdomo, and I haven't even thought about trying one again. Let us know how you like the others you got. I'd like to give them another try, but with a different blend.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I haven't had the 3 you mention but i've had the Habano Connecticut... and all 3 of them so far have had uneven burns.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The Habano Maduro is pretty good, nothing too fantastic. The Perdomo 2 is another one that's pretty good, nothing to write home about. My personal favorite Perdomos are the ESV 91, Famous 70th Anniversary, and Cuban Parejo.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The Hababo Maduro I had was like alien said, good, nothing too fantastic. The thing I didn't like about it was that it didn't have that typical maduro sweetness that I expected. The coffee flavor was a more bitter, non sweet coffee. Like espresso. And the chocolate flavor was similar, a more bittersweet. It was still good, but I had it in my head that it was going to be certain way and it wasn't. It threw me off. I had basically the same experience with the 10th Maduro, except I liked it a little better. Maybe because I now knew what to expect. I suppose it's just me being naive about the way cigars taste.
  • Options
    smbrink:
    So i was at a Perdomo event at my B&M a while back and there was a buy three get one free deal goin on so I bought a Perdomo reserve 10th champagne, (which i smoked there and wasnt impressed with) a perdomo habano maduro, a perdomo 2 habano, and they gave me a perdomo reserve cabinet series maduro. Has anyone tried the last three? If so can you give a little feedback? Thanks.
    Im a big Perdomo guy...i have about 40 or so in my humi right now ranging from Esv, habano series, lot 23's, Grand Cru, Patriarch, perdomo 2's & all the cabinet series. By far the Esv's & the perdomo 2's are my favorite with a close 3rd the Habano's. The Habano is a good full flavored smoke with good amounts of creamy smoke...somewhat one dimentional but still tasty. The Perdomo2's in the maduro wrapper are my fav's really good....nice box pressed beauties....med to full in flavor with hints of cedar and earthy undertones. The one i recommend is the Cabinet Series Maduro....has a sweet undertone to it, light cocoa & wood flavor....a great smoke all around. You can also give the Perdomo Grand Cru a try....smoked one about 2 months ago and was pretty good...the rest are resting right now..i will update when i give another one a try...almost forgot the Perdomo Patriarch...good med-full flavored cigar with hints of coffe & pepper as you get to the mid section of the cigar & cedar notes towards the end.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    The only Perdomo I've had is the Perdomo 10th Maduro. It was decent. It had a lot of burn issues and wasn't all that enjoyable. About a day after I smoked it, I ran into a guy at the B&M who said he had the same problems with about two or three of them he got in a sampler at another B&M. He wasn't sure if it was just a bad batch because the place he went to was a bit downtrodden. That's my only experience with Perdomo, and I haven't even thought about trying one again. Let us know how you like the others you got. I'd like to give them another try, but with a different blend.
    I like the habano conni and the 10th ani maduro. I haven't had the habano corjo yet, but I do have one. Might smoke it tonight....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really like the Grand Cru Connecticut. I smoked a churchill a couple weeks ago and was very surprised at the body it had compared to every Conn. wrapped cigar I've had. What I really liked was how it was really creamy, full flavored but had almost no bite whatsoever.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had the corojo tonight, not bad, rather it was a good smoke. lots of smoke, very easy draw, creamy too.