Home Ratings & Reviews

Anyone reviewed the AVO 25th Anniversary Edition

blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
I can't find it through the search, but I'm trying to see if anyone here has reviewed one yet. Maybe Kuzi or Martel?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't review it but I have had it. I thought it was a good cigar but not worth the price of admission imo. If one enjoys most of the AVO line then it's a no brainer though this anniversary isn't all that impressive. I always try their anniversaries so maybe I'm a sucker.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Yeah they are pricey. $25 at the local b&m. Maybe I'll get one to bomb someone, to expensive for me to smoke without feeling let down if it isn't great.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Personally I find most cigars over 20 hard to justify but I seem to like a lot.... Davidoff SE, padron 80th and family reserves, opus and god of fire. But I don't smoke them often.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Personally I find most cigars over 20 hard to justify but I seem to like a lot.... Davidoff SE, padron 80th and family reserves, opus and god of fire. But I don't smoke them often.
    I agree, plus I'm cheap! I tend to get all my good cigars from ccom samplers. I love the Thrifty Fifty, where I can get 50 great cigars, including 4 Cohibas for $2 a cigar.

My son bought me an Opus X a couple of years ago for Christmas and I smoked it upon his graduation from Special Forces school. It was good, but I would never pay the going price for that particular cigar.