Home Cigar 101
Options

Overcharged beads?

Hey guys,

Just set up my wine-a-dor today. However, instead of gently spraying the heartfelt beads (70%RH), I practically gave them the 'girls gone wild' treatment, and just got them really wet.

With that said, my hydrometer is reading 75% RH. Is there any special method of drying out the beads, so I can remove the excess humidity?

Right now, I just covered the mesh bag they're in with paper towels, so I'll see how it works in a couple of hours!

Thanks!

--TW

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hairdryer would work fine... or depending on your ambient humidity where you live, just leave 'em out for a day or twp
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    On top of a vent running your A/C or heat (depending on what part of the country that you are in) works as well.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    rmccloud:
    On top of a vent running your A/C or heat (depending on what part of the country that you are in) works as well.
    i agree with this one. works well.

if you dont wanna turn on vents or what not, just wrap them up in a wad of newspaper. that stuff is crazy absorbent
  • Options
    4bob44bob4 Posts: 212
    I think the instructions that come with them (at least mine did) say something about a not too hot oven?
  • Options
    Overcharged Beads? Sounds like those beads went to Thompson's!!!! Badum-CHIH
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    a little too soon lassy, but still it's funny.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:
    Eh, I strike while the Iron is Hot
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Lasabar:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Lasabar:
    Eh, I strike while the Iron is Hot
    If it was from Thompson it along with their cigars would be as dry as the Arizona desert!