Home General Discussion

I am new to this site

I have been smoking cigars for about one year now. I am curous of what everyone likes to smoke. I like Alec Bradley and Rocky Patel so far i would say is my favorites.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off welcome. Lots of great info and good people here. I like Viaje, Liga Privada, Alec Bradley, illusione and much more. Best advice is get samplers and try lots of things. When looking at a humidir buy the one 5 times the size you were thinking of getting. Trust me. Go very big.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    First off welcome. Lots of great info and good people here. I like Viaje, Liga Privada, Alec Bradley, illusione and much more. Best advice is get samplers and try lots of things. When looking at a humidir buy the one 5 times the size you were thinking of getting. Trust me. Go very big.
    And forget everything you know about counting... you'll understand after awhile.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome buddy. Hope you hang out awhile and get to know all of the brothers and sisters. I like tatuaje, padron, illusione, emilio, my father, liga privada, the list is quite long for stuff I like.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome !!
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Welcome from another noob. I like Camacho, Padron and recently have been impressed with the 5 Vegas and Rocky Patel’s that I have had. Really, I have been enjoying a lot of different stuff.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Hello.
    One God, One Truth
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard,this place is pretty cool.don't be afraid to ask questions ,get some good honest reviews from unbiased real poeople.hope you stick around for awhile.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run away while you can.....image
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Welcome, I am fairly new myself and if you have any questions this is the site to ask them on. I have received a lot of help setting up my first humidor and a lot of recommendations on what to get and what not to get. Personally i have smoked a handful of different cigars until I came to Perdomo 10th anniversary Champagne and i love them, there just right. if you ever do plan on getting a humidor always get at least double the size then you want to get. the cigar count on them is a lie. coolidor's are also a good cheap efficient way to store a lot of cigar's. if you have any questions you can pm me and i would be more than happy to help you out
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Beaker38:
    Welcome, I am fairly new myself and if you have any questions this is the site to ask them on. I have received a lot of help setting up my first humidor and a lot of recommendations on what to get and what not to get. Personally i have smoked a handful of different cigars until I came to Perdomo 10th anniversary Champagne and i love them, there just right. if you ever do plan on getting a humidor always get at least double the size then you want to get. the cigar count on them is a lie. coolidor's are also a good cheap efficient way to store a lot of cigar's. if you have any questions you can pm me and i would be more than happy to help you out
    +1 for Coolidor (just using a igloo or coleman cooler, same cost as a humidor with 10x the capacity) I'm about to pick one up myself because once you become a part of this forum you not only buy a lot more cigars but also find them in your mailbox and front porch...

You'll find that humidor manufacturers use the same math as this forums members, completely wrong.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, been smoking cigars for 3 years myself, still a newb compared to some here, they will take care of you my friend. Check out the Man Of War line, and 5-Vegas has a good line up at a reasonable price too. Don Pepin, Fuente, it never ends. May want to join the Cigar of the Month Club to get some good samples, and you get a 10% discount on all purchases being a member of the club. Too many cigars not enough money, welcome to the poor house
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    larche:
    I have been smoking cigars for about one year now. I am curous of what everyone likes to smoke. I like Alec Bradley and Rocky Patel so far i would say is my favorites.
    There he is! Out here Im herf'n with this guy daily.

My name is new boots, and I approve this message.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! We will forget you know Bootsie! Hey Bootsie... Send that addy!!
    Bigshizza:
    Welcome! We will forget you know Bootsie! Hey Bootsie... Send that addy!!
    Workin on it Jimbo
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Welcome bro.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Hey welcome to the forums! I like: oliva, rocky patel, aj fernandez, 5 vegas, padilla, and gran habano. If you haven't tried them then you really should put them on your to try list. It's hard for me to pick a favorite out of those.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Hey Welcome! Good advice to buy samplers. I have a rule that I never buy a box until I have tried the cigar first. Anyway, one of my favorites and a brand you have to check out is A. Fuente. They make some fantastic cigars.
    Jimbo, you have a PM and a text.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Jimbo, you have a PM and a text.
    Ohhh yeah..
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the site!

Aj
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the site. Great people here. I like to enjoy Oliva, Cohiba, CAO, San Louis Rey, Padron.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Welcome hombre! I've learned so much about cigars and proper care from all of the posts I read here! The guys and gals are great. Smoke up!