Home Non Cigar Related

Are you supposed to drink these...

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
...or are they for putting a curse on someone..?

imageimage

From http://www.internetwines.com/ Giving credit where credit is do.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL...how about both? drink it first then then use it for voodoo.

gotta say those are nifty looking bottles and always look at them at the liquor store but seem like more of a marketing ploy .... never tried them, was a little skeptical but a friend told me he had the anejo and it was pretty good.

I don't tequila very often though, so when I do I'll usually try to get cabo wabo or patron.
    Don't know if I'd spring for a whole bottle, but I'd definitely try it at a bar if they had it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:

gotta say those are nifty looking bottles and always look at them at the liquor store but seem like more of a marketing ploy .... never tried them, was a little skeptical but a friend told me he had the anejo and it was pretty good.

I don't tequila very often though, so when I do I'll usually try to get cabo wabo or patron.
    Don't know if I'd spring for a whole bottle, but I'd definitely try it at a bar if they had it.

I am a gonna shoot for 2 months and hoping there will be enough in the "for me" budget and get one of them. Need something to go with the Akroyd(?) Vodka Skull and the orange one seems appropriate. Or maybe the black one. Decisions decisions....
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

I am a gonna shoot for 2 months and hoping there will be enough in the "for me" budget and get one of them. Need something to go with the Akroyd(?) Vodka Skull and the orange one seems appropriate. Or maybe the black one. Decisions decisions....
    Let me know if you pick one up, would be curious to hear your thoughts on how it is.

The bottle is certainly cool but it's more expensive than Cabo....just can't justify that price.
    At least not without trying it first; I will have to find it at a bar.

And what did you think of the crystal skull vodka?
    I thought the bottle was neat but vodka wasn't anything special IMO, definitely paying for the packaging on that one....

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    ...or are they for putting a curse on someone..?

imageimage

From http://www.internetwines.com/ Giving credit where credit is do.
    It would be kinda hard to swallow....maybe just drink the liquid. Lol
    One God, One Truth
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Their Anejo isn't bad. Not worth the money but definitely respectable. So yes, the bottle is a bit of a gimmick but the juice inside is decent. I have a bottle from the original release when they used to hand paint the bottles (you can tell by the cork - they had a wooden stopper on top of the cork - now they're plastic) but the new bottles are all screen printed. Drive down production costs, charge the same price.

The local store that I work at part time is doing a Tequila tasting this Sunday. I do know my Tequila, so feel free to ask if you have any questions. And personally, I'm not fond of Patron or Cabo at all. They're the Grey Goose and Kettle One of Tequila. Great marketing, high price, less than high quality product.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

Love the crystal skull vodka I got a gift box last year with 2 shot glass,s that I use as holders for my lighter and cutter I'll try to post a pic later today.but those tequilla bottles are awesome looking!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

jgibv:
    And what did you think of the crystal skull vodka?
    I thought the bottle was neat but vodka wasn't anything special IMO, definitely paying for the packaging on that one....

Actually I have not opened it. Instructions are to set it out after my cremation, it is the only service I will allow and no one is to mention my name. My ashes go on the garden with a big bite me sign.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    I had one of the vodka ones, I'm a vodka snob and when I got it at a gift was hesitant but it was actually pretty decent. Not sure on their tequila but the vodka was good.
    chrislolds:
    I had one of the vodka ones, I'm a vodka snob and when I got it at a gift was hesitant but it was actually pretty decent. Not sure on their tequila but the vodka was good.

I have been told it is triple filtered and a few guys really like it.
    Rob1110:
    And personally, I'm not fond of Patron or Cabo at all. They're the Grey Goose and Kettle One of Tequila. Great marketing, high price, less than high quality product.
    Got a recommendation for something I should try in place of Cabo Reposado.....?
    Better value or quality in a similar price range?

And I don't do Patron at home, it's my back-up when out if the place doesn't have Cabo....
    Unless it's Patron XO, I'll keep that around at home.

jgibv:
    Rob1110:
    And personally, I'm not fond of Patron or Cabo at all. They're the Grey Goose and Kettle One of Tequila. Great marketing, high price, less than high quality product.

And I don't do Patron at home, it's my back-up when out if the place doesn't have Cabo....

Milagro is pretty tasty an inexpensive.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twistedstem:
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

Love the crystal skull vodka I got a gift box last year with 2 shot glass,s that I use as holders for my lighter and cutter I'll try to post a pic later today.but those tequilla bottles are awesome looking!!
    crystal skull shotglass photo Photo0476_zps723db811.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    chrislolds:
    jgibv:

I'll agree on Milagro. Other recommendations: If you can get Maestro Dobel Diamond in your area, do so. It looks like a Blanco but drinks more like a Repo or Anejo. It's actually a blend of Reposado, Anejo and Extra Anejo that's charcoal filtered, which removes the color. Great stuff and cheaper than both Patron and Cabo. On a budget, Espolon and El Jimidor are both very good. Just a bit higher, Herradura is good for the price, as is El Mayor.

If you want more of a true Mexican style tequila (a bit rough around the edges), try Corralejo or Cazadores. Both great brands.
    Rob1110:
    chrislolds:
    jgibv:

I'll agree on Milagro. Other recommendations: If you can get Maestro Dobel Diamond in your area, do so. It looks like a Blanco but drinks more like a Repo or Anejo. It's actually a blend of Reposado, Anejo and Extra Anejo that's charcoal filtered, which removes the color. Great stuff and cheaper than both Patron and Cabo. On a budget, Espolon and El Jimidor are both very good. Just a bit higher, Herradura is good for the price, as is El Mayor.

If you want more of a true Mexican style tequila (a bit rough around the edges), try Corralejo or Cazadores. Both great brands.
    +1 Cazadores is pretty good.
    chrislolds:
    Rob1110:
    chrislolds:
    jgibv:

+1 Cazadores is pretty good.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll look around for those next time I need to grab a bottle.

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    If you want more of a true Mexican style tequila (a bit rough around the edges), try Corralejo.......
    This I agree with. I had 17 1 litre bottles of the Reposado at my wedding reception as they were part of my center pieces.