Home Non Cigar Related

Butter or margeine..?

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't stand margarine for anything unless it is "I can't believe its Butter" with olive oil. Margarine ruins toast, and it is terrible for frying eggs. The water in it makes everything soggy including popcorn which should be a sin. It does have a lot of salt and people mistake that for flavor and its not.

That has been my 1st rant, now on to the second.

Why do people drink "lite" beer..? The beer they are drinking is (IMHO) terrible to begin with and now they drink it "Lite" which makes it even worse. Get a glass, put some ice in it and pour that crappy beer in it, you now have "Lite" beer for all intents and purpose.

I have spoken. Now I am going to take my scripts and rest.

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I can't stand margarine for anything unless it is "I can't believe its Butter" with olive oil. Margarine ruins toast, and it is terrible for frying eggs. The water in it makes everything soggy including popcorn which should be a sin. It does have a lot of salt and people mistake that for flavor and its not.

That has been my 1st rant, now on to the second.

Why do people drink "lite" beer..? The beer they are drinking is (IMHO) terrible to begin with and now they drink it "Lite" which makes it even worse. Get a glass, put some ice in it and pour that crappy beer in it, you now have "Lite" beer for all intents and purpose.

I have spoken. Now I am going to take my scripts and rest.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LARD FTW!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    LARD FTW!!!

John wins...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    LARD FTW!!!

John wins...
    Matter of fact, it's Cinco de mayo, and I'm taking Bearswatter out to el ristorante so we can get some lard.

El Grito de la Independencia!

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    LARD FTW!!!

John wins...
    Matter of fact, it's Cinco de mayo, and I'm taking Bearswatter out to el ristorante so we can get some lard.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    webmost:
    Toombes:
    jgibv:
    LARD FTW!!!

John wins...

90% of the people who celebrate Cinco de Mayo don't even know what it is about.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Butter. A girl had to cook me a hamburger at my work once and used margarine while cooking it. NEVER AGAIN!!!!! That hamburger straight up tasted like a fish...It was so strong that I couldn't finish it
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Butter ....... PARKAY...... I'm a butter man myself and used to hate those PARKAY commercials.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarine? Isn't that Trans Fats? Partially hydrogenated stuff? Clogs arteries much worse than butter or even lard. Right? Wasn't that what all the fuss was over trans fats?
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Only margarine. Never touch butter, unless there's no other choice for bread in a restaurant. Don't need the cholesterol. Some margarine (generally the stick kinds) have transfats, but many of them don't. Margarine is still comparatively healthier than butter since there is less cholesterol and most margarines have higher levels of monosaturated and polyunsatured fats, which can help reduce bad HCL. Generally, unless baking, I use tub margarines of the "healthy heart" variety. Since I'm unwilling to give up pizza and don't cut red meats entirely out of my diet, using margarine instead of butter is a no-brainer for cutting some cholesterol exposure.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Butter only. Ever. Cant stand the taste of margarine and I don't eat enough butter to kill myself because of it.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Da fuq is margarine?????????
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    ]

90% of the people who celebrate Cinco de Mayo don't even know what it is about.
    It's a reason to drink margarita's and XX beer, what more do we need to know???
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Butter!! can you say Simvastatin??