Home Cigar 101

victor sinclair 55

Anybody tried the victor sinclair 55 maduro?
An why do they come in tubes.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO stay away from VS!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a trick question.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    we should have the victor sinclair conversation.... ive been dying to know.

Aj
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had them. Made the mistake at the beginning of my cigar journey. Yuck!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's why they make more than one cigar. There are a couple, not all, of the VS that I do like. I guess it's just a matter of taste. People rave over the ACID cigars and all I can taste is a very cloying clove flavor, and I hate cloves!

Also, and please don't throw stones, I like some of the Gurkhas!

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Tie him up, I'll get the stones.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Does everybody remember Vision aka Pete from Mass? He texted me that he smoked one a few months back ....... I haven't heard from him in a while and haven't seen him on the forums in a while ...... Coincidence or The VS Curse ??????
    so are VS bad or what? Ive never actually had one, but from the beginning of this hobby ive always been told to avoid VS... are these things worse then Gurkas? like rolled dog droppings?

Aj
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    On my first CCOM purchase, I fell for the....add this 12 vs sampler for 19.99! I paid 19.00 too much!! Out of the 12, 1 was smokeable, and I don't wanna try to remember which one!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    so are VS bad or what? Ive never actually had one, but from the beginning of this hobby ive always been told to avoid VS... are these things worse then Gurkas? like rolled dog droppings?

Aj
    From what I heard, Victor Sinclair has been a producer of dog rockets ever since the cigar boom in the 1990s. Other stories like painting their maduros and not aging their tobacco in the 90s are commonplace as well.
    wwhwang:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    From what I heard, Victor Sinclair has been a producer of dog rockets ever since the cigar boom in the 1990s. Other stories like painting their maduros and not aging their tobacco in the 90s are commonplace as well.
    Thats what i was looking for.... my suspicions were true then... how sad.

I was just hoping maybe it was a Harbor Frieght story... Sometimes you get lucky with them. But not this time!

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember about 6 months ago and I lit up a VS. 1st couple of draws and it was so good I posted in Ratings and Reviews. 3rd and 4th draws and I started to realize the 1st 2 were flukes and could not get back to correct my post fast enough. On top of being just bad it fell apart in my hands.

I try to atone by smoking all Man-O-Wars as soon as I get them.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    A cigar that should never have been made or sold.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigary:
    A cigar that should never have been made or sold.
    My sentiments exactly.
  • AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    I like to quote Mark Twain when this subject comes up. As a reminder:

Courtesy of Cigar Aficionado
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/Samuel-Clemens-and-His-Cigars_6042/p/2

Clemens was not just an "excessive smoker;" his cigar habit shocked most who came in contact with him. His taste in cigars was, well, odd. Some reports said that he would buy Havanas when he could afford them, even though he once wrote, "Nearly any cigar will do me, except a Havana." He sampled the better cigars available in those days, but seemed unsatisfied. So, the story goes, he found a New York tobacconist, whom he insisted provide him with his worst cigar. He was delighted.

"No one can tell me what is a good cigar—for me," Twain wrote in "Concerning Tobacco," an essay published in the early 1890s. "I am the only judge. People who claim to know say that I smoke the worst cigars in the world. They bring their own cigars when they come to my house. They betray an unmanly terror when I offer them a cigar; they tell lies and hurry away to meet engagements which they have not made when they are threatened with the hospitalities of my box.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshMe:
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar—for me," Twain wrote.

Can't argue with that. To each his own. Thank goodness there are still so many to choose from.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first started i bought some VS. After one I saved the rest to give to my non- cigar smoking but cigar mooching friends.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Amos Umwhat:
    AshMe:
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar—for me," Twain wrote.

Can't argue with that. To each his own. Thank goodness there are still so many to choose from.
    Accurate and true...just because some don't like them doesn't have to mean that others won't love em. So many cigars to smoke and not enough time to try em all but I'm trying the best I can.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said earlier, that's why they make a lot different cigars for different tastes. I don't smoke a lot of VS, but I can be the only one keeping them in business. Someone else has to be buying those suckers!