Home Non Cigar Related

NFL Draft

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I've spent the last few days watching the draft and looking over each team's draft class. I haven't yet determined which team I feel had the best draft but a couple stand out.

I thought St. Louis had the best Top 4 picks.

As a Jaguars fan, I was pretty happy with their draft as well. Definitely believe Bortles is the best QB coming out this year. And I was particularly happy that they picked up Bortles fellow Golden Knight, RB Storm Johnson. Both of these guys really turned my head this year.

Who do you think had the best draft class? How do you feel your team did in the draft? Which players do you think will be successful? Which players do you think will fail?

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    Which players do you think will fail?
    Jonny Football, right on his face, he should have stayed in school. That is my thoughts
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    For once, i am happy with the Raider's draft. Carr was the QB I wanted, and Mack was a no brainer. Beefed up the lines and the secondary as well. No complaints.

Johnny Football had so many reports of bad habits, it's no wonder he fell. His talent is obvious, but his work ethic most likely caused the fall. That won't help him in CLE, and I'd give him three years max...
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    As boring as it is, I'm glad the Cowboys went OL. It's not sexy, but we have 3 first round picks on our O Line, and Martin is the oldest at 23. Smith is a Pro Bowl LT and T Fred was very impressive in his rookie year, love Wisconsin O Linemen.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    For once, i am happy with the Raider's draft. Carr was the QB I wanted
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what Carr can do. I watched all his games last year and he can make every throw. He's better than his brother, more humble, and he has David as a mentor. Very good pick.
    FireRob:
    clearlysuspect:
    Which players do you think will fail?
    Jonny Football, right on his face, he should have stayed in school. That is my thoughts
    Yep. Cleveland loves drafting bad QBs. I enjoyed watching him play in college but he's gonna get crushed playing Pittsburgh and Cincinnati!
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    This is like which came first, the chicken or the egg? Does Cleveland draft bad QBs or do they draft QBs and make them bad. After so many years of the revolving door at QB I'm convinced they could put Joe Montana in his prime out there and he'd wash out.
    No. They draft bad QBs. For some reason they draft West Coast offense system "plug and play" QBs and try to get them to function in a pro set offense. It's stupid.
    Brady Quinn- not a good QB. One good season under new coach Charlie Weis in college. Product of a good system and good players already in place around him.
    Who in their right mind thinks "Pro QB" when they look at Colt McCoy? Sorry but you must be at least this big to ride this ride!
    Brandon Weeden- is a Texas Tech "plug and play." There is literally no decision making in that offense. The coaches call a play, they look at the defense and the coaches keep or change the play. Needs a good arm and nothing else!
    And now their next tiny toy out of Texas will be broken pretty quick.
    Baylor's QB better watch out and not play so well this year or Cleveland will be drafting him next. He's the next logical choice since they've already worked through all the other Texas schools!