Home General Discussion

Montecristo # 2's

I am in a place where I can buy cubans, and I bought some monte #2's for $13 a stick, and i am thinking about buying some more, but I was wondering if that is a good price. I would love some feedback.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm not speaking on Cubans, which is against the law if you're an American. However, it's like buying anything else...Trust your source and do your research (vendor, box codes etc).
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    That's not a bad price for a b&m, assuming they are legit.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Seems awfully cheap if they are legit. I'm assuming you are in a foreign country and if you are you can view the authorized sellers @ http://www.habanos.com/distributors.aspx?rid=1
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    Seems awfully cheap if they are legit. I'm assuming you are in a foreign country and if you are you can view the authorized sellers @ http://www.habanos.com/distributors.aspx?rid=1
    that link shows the distro only, does not include retail outlets, you would have to contact the distro for the region he is in to get a authorized retailer list
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im with sleeve. Ive seen cheaper, (only browsing of course), but it certainly isnt a bad deal. If they are quality, go for it.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Since you already bought some, if you can post pic’s I am sure some members here can help you determine the quality (if they are real) just by some good close up pictures. That should help you decide whether to buy more or not.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    garrett3838:
    I am in a place where I can buy cubans, and I bought some monte #2's for $13 a stick, and i am thinking about buying some more, but I was wondering if that is a good price. I would love some feedback.
    Garrett, welcome to the forum! Be mindful, that a very high percent of Cubans over seas are fake. I have seen in Dominican Republic, Mexico etc. Cubans reaching $20 a stick... fake. How? There are many threads here to educate you. One of the biggest give away is the ink jet printer label, or if the band looks authentic, but the cigar looks like garbage, they switched bands. As the other guys said, only buy from a BIG retailer that is trusted, and stay away from a guy on the street selling cheap Cubans when traveling abroad. Oh and lastly...no Cubans come in a glass top box!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the cellos are no more than 2" than the cigar and the #2 is in Old English (not Comic Sans), they are real.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    blutattoo:
    that link shows the distro only, does not include retail outlets, you would have to contact the distro for the region he is in to get a authorized retailer list
    Under the biggest distributors it lists the website for that specific region. By following that link you will find stores authorized to sell the real deal. I realize it's not a comprehensive list, especially if you are looking for Canada, but the caribbean and central america are both in there. It's a good place to start.
  • Thanks for the input everyone. I am almost positive they aren't fake, they came from a duty free store in bahrain, they came in a box of three, and the box was secured with a habanos sticker. I am going to let them age for a while in my humi but when i smoke one i will let you know the outcome.