Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
This stuff is amazing!

Tried it for the first time tonight with an LFD Chapter One. What an incredibly smooth scotch!
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    This stuff is amazing!

When my child bride and I were camping on the beach near Santa Cruz last month my herfing buddy, Kingofthecove, introduced me to Glenmorangie. You're right - it IS amazing. He brought a sampler of the four best known blends of it, including the original 10 year old stuff, Nectar D'Or, Lasanta, and Quinta Ruban. They're all incredibly good but, for my poor peasant's palate, the original 10 year old tasted best. I now have a bottle of it residing at my house. And I'm a certified lover of sour mash bourbon. Go figure.....
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 20-25 years ago I was introduced to Glenmorangie Dual Cask Single Malt, and it is now the only Scotch Whisky I bring home. I am particularly found of the Sherry.

I remember when they got fancy with the language, and not realizing it, I thought it was no longer available, I was heart broken.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I have the Quinta Rubin and the 18 year old, both are excellent.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    This stuff is amazing!

CUT. THE. CRAP. YOU. ENABLERS!

Just the name alone makes me want to buy some!!!!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    Puff_Dougie:
    This stuff is amazing!

CUT. THE. CRAP. YOU. ENABLERS!

Just the name alone makes me want to buy some!!!!
    1...2...3...dooo it!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    How does this compare to Balvenie Double Wood(the only scotch ive had that ive liked)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    How does this compare to Balvenie Double Wood(the only scotch ive had that ive liked)
    Heh heh, heh heh... he said "double wood."
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Jetmech_63:
    Heh heh, heh heh... he said "double wood."
    And he said he liked it!! Hahahaa
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Much sweeter and more fruit. If you have had the Balvenie Caribbean Cask, it is similar to that in fruit, only with a honey sweetness instead of a caramel/burnt sugar sweetness.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I was given a four bottle sampler last night, can't wait to try it.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    I was given a four bottle sampler last night, can't wait to try it.
    Nice, Daniel! You're gonna love it!