Home Cigar 101
Options

Aging maduros

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Why do some places say they will not age? I understand that they have gone through a crazier formentation process but that's just the wrapper. What about binder and filler?? IMO since maduros are sweeter they are usually blended a bit stronger...this too me means age them! Maybe it's just me but I find it funny when reading all these different artichles on cigars how so many are plagerized. I really wish people would think before hitting the publish button since a lot of newer people will not know any different. Ok my rant is over for now but I'm sure I'll start another one in the near future
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i age them. ver things are as enjoyable than a Camacho Diploma Maduro with 5+ years on them.

those oils can and will still marry.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The old MX2s definitely got better with age. Maybe the process is slower or something, not exactly sure, but age does affect maduros.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with you. All of the 5 Vegas Maduros I have bought or was given have improved with some box time. Some showed a dramatic change, and I now let them all rest from 1 to 6 months. I think that some will even hit the 1 year mark. So, IMHO, age on.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm not sure why any artichle would say not to age them! To me they age just fine
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, never heard that. I can think of a million maduros that are better with age... Camacho triple, definitely the 5V As, Jaime Garcia, pardons...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    The A. Turrent Triple Play Maduros I bought have improved mightily with 6 months age... they were moist on arrival and the first one I tried was hard to keep lit. But I guess that'd be called resting time as opposed to aging... right??