Home General Discussion

Ashtray (pict)

So i think it was puff that put the cigar bands on the coffie cup and had the problem with what to do when it was put in the washer. Got me thinking and i decided to put a bunch on my ashtray and (though its not professional) i really like the way it came out. Just wanted to share. Maybe you can do it on yours. Before imageimage After imageimage
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool!!!
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I like it! Just got the same ash tray
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    It's my only ashtray, but I don't like it. It looks cool (maybe even cooler with bands on it.) But, it's not deep enough, it gets ash all over the inside stuff (in the drawer) whenever I try to lift the inner tray out to empty it or when the wind blows. Cigars don't really rest comfortably in the indentations because the ashtray itself rises above the edge of the cutouts, so they're more balanced on two points than resting snugly in the divots. Also, the divots are too narrow to provide much support. I've had a couple of cigars fall when they ashed unexpectedly and overbalanced. I think I'm going to break down and get a stinky.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Martel:
    FireRob:
    It's my only ashtray, but I don't like it. It looks cool (maybe even cooler with bands on it.) But, it's not deep enough, it gets ash all over the inside stuff (in the drawer) whenever I try to lift the inner tray out to empty it or when the wind blows. Cigars don't really rest comfortably in the indentations because the ashtray itself rises above the edge of the cutouts, so they're more balanced on two points than resting snugly in the divots. Also, the divots are too narrow to provide much support. I've had a couple of cigars fall when they ashed unexpectedly and overbalanced. I think I'm going to break down and get a stinky.
    Yeah i have the same issues. not the best design but i take out that insert and use it that way. works a bit better. I just need to bite the bullet and buy me a proper one.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool bro!! Looks nice and best of all now its one a kind!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new look on that ashtray.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. What did you glue them on with?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Nice
    One God, One Truth
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cigart
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    Hey looks good, you made it your own, can never go wrong with that.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice indeed. I have thought about obtaining one of the but for some reason a wooden ashtray seems a bit strange.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I like it. What did you glue them on with?
    The stick glue (Elmers?) that they use in elementry school. Did a lot better job than i thought.
    Martel:
    FireRob:
    I have noticed all those issues you mention. I got it real cheap and it came with come cigars I wanted :-). I was really hoping it would work out and I could use the drawer as storage for a lighter and cutter and keep everything needed in one place on the front porch. I now have my original ash tray and this new one is just out there being a big drawer taking up a lot of space… Truth is my lighter won’t fit unless I lift the tray part out each time I need access to the lighter. I am in a bit of ash tray over load right now, I just bought this one and three others. I have five ash trays and only two spots I sit and smoke at.
    jd50ae:
    very nice indeed. I have thought about obtaining one of the but for some reason a wooden ashtray seems a bit strange.
    If it makes you feel better it has a glass bottom in the bottom of the ash tray
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always wondered why the tray sticks up past the cradle for your cigar. So is the tray the only thing that separates the ash from the drawer?
    FireRob:
    jd50ae:

I knew that....I was just testing....
    FireRob:
    jd50ae:

I knew that....I was just testing....