Home General Discussion

I have smoked 3 really good cigars today.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bahia Mantazas Perfecto #2, Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte Torpedo and a 5 Vegas Gold Maduro Toro. The first 2 were right out of the boxes I got in the mail today. The 5 Vegas had at least 3 months on it.

The Bahia Mantazas was a miss order, I thought I was ordering the larger perfecto. But it blew me away, and set the stage for the rest of the day. And for such a small cigar it was a satisfying long smoke.

I had smoked the robusto version of the Azteca months ago, and it was as expected a good cigar. I am going to put some age on half of the ones I have and enjoy the rest at once a week.

And as everyone knows I hold 5 Vegas Gold in high regard and was not disappointed.

So the question that comes up is, why not every day. My routine wasn't any different. I drank the same coffee, had the same juice and vitamins. But today they were all smoked to the nubs and good to the last puff. Maybe I'm bored and thinking too much.

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I almost went for the trifecta yesterday...but didn't want to ruin the first two by the chance of a bum third stick. I had a couple that were pretty sure not to miss...rarely do I smoke two cigars in a day. Three is almost unheard of for me, so I passed.

Now, if I could smoke inside, at work, and in the car, that might be a different story. Probably better for my health this way.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great day.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    When you win the trifecta it might be time to retire. Those little Bahia's are a tasty short smoke.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    How did you like that Azteca Fuerte?

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    How did you like that Azteca Fuerte?

Aj

The first one I ever smoked came in Gran Habano Robusto sampler pack and it was head and shoulders above the others. This one straight from the box was a shade better then good. I think with some age it will be very good if not better.