Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

I'm back. And as irrelevant as ever...

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
First let me start with an apology. Life, as we all know, sometimes gets in the way of our living. For the last month I have been away from home about as much as I have been home and a "normal" work week has been around sixty hours (and have it mentioned I'm finishing my Ph.D?). Oh yea, and I'm getting married and have three kids...

This is not an excuse but an explanation. For what? Let me "explinate" (yea, I know I made up that word but it does make sense and besides it is cool).

Winning the lottery came at both the best time and the worst time. The best because if ever there was a month I need a little lift this was it. Worse because I felt like I didn't really have the time to properly thank each of you. So many of you truly went above and beyond with your packages, sending me plenty of my favorites including quite a few that will really become special occasion smokes for me. I also got plenty of swag including the ugliest beer stein I have ever seen (and I LOVE it!!!). Someone even shared their swag and cigars they collected at cigarfest. Others took the time to tell me why they sent the sticks they did. I am still a bit shell shocked from the whole experience. Seriously.

And then, of course, it was my birthday this month. Several of the lotto plays added extra sticks for my birthday (thank you!) and several others sent me special birthday packages. I know a lot of you have smoked plenty of opus x but now I will get to also thanks to a particularly generous chuck n -- who actually sent me two. Then there is my birthday pass/bomb: a bottle of knob hill, a killer ashtray, and an amazing selections of smokes curtesy the Hilk.

All of this is much more than I deserve.

For better or worse, work is starting to slow down for me for a while and this is the first time in a month I haven't brought my computer home with. So I hope I can contribute a little but more and a little bit better on this forum. I certainly have lots of positive role models.

Blessings to you all.
-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Enrique! Good to see your doing good homeslice! Kinda the same for me, i used to be a semi-permanent fixture on Vherf and have ben on like twice since the kiddo was born. Glad youre still around bro!
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Such is life, we still love ya!

I actually didn't even notice you were "not here" :-)

Just kidding man
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. It's good to hear from you. Life gets very busy. Congrats on all that stuff other than the lottery. As for the lottery, You knew what you were getting into. LOL That's why I don't play that thing.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the PhD work! Maybe you'll win the next lottery and really be screwed then!! Lol
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the doctorate in?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    What's the doctorate in?
    Educational psychology.
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I am glad thing are slowing down and you can take a breath. Congrats on the PHD and we do understand that you found other Brothers and we are no longer good enough. Nah just kidding, it's all good.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they ever teach you not to V-Herf and drive at the same time? Good to have you back
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr. Chambers......has a nice ring to it!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble:
    No Dr yet. Still need to finish my damn dissertation.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers:
    Stubble:
    No Dr yet. Still need to finish my damn dissertation.
    How does that make you feel? Would you like to talk to me about that?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?