Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The queit ones.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
This an old sorta joke.

But it did happen to me...well, with a small bit of literary license.

My father always told us to be careful of the quiet ones. And over the years I learned what a great piece of wisdom that was. (Why does it take years?)

Move to a redneck bar in Wash DC, with some drunken friends (they had the best looking women there). Eventually my peacock brother started an argument which turned into a fight and he was jumped by about 6 guys at once. Now at the time I wasn't wearing glasses and had all my teeth so I waded in, don't know why, the 6 guys were just protecting their friend and my idiot brother did start it.

Eventually there was just me and one protagonist. And like I said, I had taken my father's words seriously and had learned over the years to be the quiet one.

Well, the other guy was quieter then me. It was a time for quick thinking (at the time I could). So, with out any warning, I yelled drinks are on me. The poor guy never knew what hit him as 100s of drunks swarmed the bar. He may still be there, a permanent part of the bar and floor.

Anyway, we made it outside and quickly counting heads I made sure we were all safe, and low and behold a couple of drop dead gorgeous female lady types had joined us. One of them lived just a couple of blocks from me in Falls Church, VA and we dated off and on for years.

Now I know there is a moral to this story but I will be damned if I know what it is.

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father also told me the same thing, "Watch out for the quiet ones." He also taught me if you get into a fight with two men, take out the big one first. You don't want him hanging around when you're tired from fighting the smaller one!