Home General Discussion

Olivia Series V Melanio Box

BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
Would it be OK to leave theses in the box for a week or so as a new humidor arrives and gets seasoned? The box has a boveda 69 packet inside. Should I put the box in a gallon ziplock bag?

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Brianak:
    Should I put the box in a gallon ziplock bag?
    That is what I would do.

How big is the boveda inside the box, and what is its condition (dried out or soft and squishy)? If it is one of the really small ones I might consider putting one of the bigger sized ones in the zip lock bag but if you don’t have one, for a week’s time, I would not sweat it.
  • BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    It's about the size of a dollar folded in half and it felt hard. Will stop by the local shop to see if they have them.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    You know, I was digging through some stuff and found a boveda I certainly didn't buy...it probably came out of this box and I didn't remember it. It was in a ziploc with some other baggies and bands. I'm going to try and recharge it, now, after the C101 thread recently.

But yeah, I'd slide the box in a gallon bag and put a humi-pillow or boveda in there. Should be good indefinitely while you get the humi going.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    First of all those cigars are wonderful...just ordered a box and got mine this week. Secondly, if it were me I'd put that box either inside a tupperador or ziploc with the provision that the box be open or at least left partially open. The boveda should do the job just fine until your humidor is seasoned.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked in my old Melanio boxes and found 69 boveda's small ones in the bottom.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!