Home Non Cigar Related

Moments in fatherhood!

dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
Today I had one of those moments, just makes you smile ear to ear! My son showed up at home with a girl on the back of his mini-bike! Rolled up like a boss and introduced his "friend" lmao just so cool to watch kids grow up and remember yourself. I was a little more sheepish and shy in those days, to see him as confident as he is now that we built that mini-bike just makes me proud as can be. My wife was awful upset about it, baby boys growing up!

Anyways I just wanted to share that moment with you guys! Now for a celebration cigar!

Aj

Comments

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing, man. Having seven kids I've experienced a few of those moments. My 11 y/o has Asberger's so he doesn't make friends very easily. His mother and I dropped him off at school the other day and he was walking in with another student. It really surprised us when they both turned around and walked back to the car. When they got up to the window, he introduced us to his best friend. Normally, we have to ask who he's talking to. Really made us proud of him.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worked with a guy who had a baby girl. The apple of his eye of course. Well, she was very slow in leaning to use the toilet and it frustrated the dickens out of both him and his wife. Then one day eureka, all on her own she used the toilet. Rick took a picture of the results and framed it. It hangs on her bathroom wall this very day.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    its just funny and almost emotional to watch it all play out, kids are something else. Growing up these days seems so dysfunctional for kids.. like technology overload. Something as simple as making friends, that sparkle in there eyes when they learn something, or just kids being kids can offer us a glimpse into humanity we often overlook. Good To feel human.

Aj