Home General Discussion

I think I will pat myself on the back

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've lost 60lbs as of today. Started at 245 on Jan 17. It's been tough but only 5 more to go.

Comments

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats brother!! You should be very proud .
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Keep it up! If it weren't for mountain dew and beer I'd be 20 lighter myself!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Exellent! That's not an easy thing to do by any means.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    You deserve the pat on the back! Good job, its hard to do.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Congrats! I went from 215-180 and then after some issues from 195-165. Greatest feeling reaching a goal like that. Got me back to where I used to be, and made me happier in general. I hope you have the same results!!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job, Ricky my man. You deserve that pat on the back. You done good.... :-)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job, brother! I need to do the same thing. What did you find most helpful?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Great job, brother! I need to do the same thing. What did you find most helpful?
    Simple Doug, I downloaded an app called Lose It. Started losing weight the first day. It's calorie counting. Tough at first because I love my chips and chocolate had to give those up?? But then I found as long as I exercised then I could eat a little extra. Main thing is filling up on veggies.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn! Nice job Captain.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And well you should.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Simple Doug, I downloaded an app called Lose It. Started losing weight the first day. It's calorie counting. Tough at first because I love my chips and chocolate had to give those up?? But then I found as long as I exercised then I could eat a little extra. Main thing is filling up on veggies.
    Congrats man! It ain't easy, losing that much is all about changing your lifestyle and it looks like you've nailed it, keep up the awesome work!

I did a very similar thing, used an awesome free app on my phone called MyFitnessPal that allowed me to scan barcodes or even search for common things in a HUGE database which had not only calories but also sodium, iron, vitamins etc (which I needed due to high sodium and iron levels as well) and helped me out a lot.

I found it a little difficult with my work schedule to eat healthier for breakfast and lunch, so I also use a shake mix that helps a lot. Also has the added benefit of very little calories during the day so I can enjoy a higher calorie dinner (or some beers) and still reach my calorie goal.