Home Non Cigar Related

Ball game umps

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Normally I am very forgiving with botched calls in sports because my gramps was an ump and I understand how hard it can be. With that said, the Twins Yankees game was the absolute worst I have ever seen. At first the calls at the plate were supprising but since every ump has his own k zone I looked the other way. But, that foul ball call was unforgivable.

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even as a Yankee fan, I agree. I hate to see a game decided on a bad call.

Everyone will concentrate on that rather than a well palyed game by both teams. The Twins still stranded 15 or so baserunners, but they did get jobbed on that call, although the Yankee pitchers took some hits from home plate ump Merryweather.
  • YankeeMan:
    Even as a Yankee fan, I agree. I hate to see a game decided on a bad call.

Everyone will concentrate on that rather than a well palyed game by both teams. The Twins still stranded 15 or so baserunners, but they did get jobbed on that call, although the Yankee pitchers took some hits from home plate ump Merryweather.
    I'm going to have to agree with on that also, I'm a die hard yankee fan, between the alds and alcs there been some calls that were wowowow. Good example last night game, bases loaded and arod gets a 3-2 pitch that I believed it was a strike and called a ball. Now that call, walk the run in, great for us but not to win a game for us.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Terrible, just terrible
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Kinda reminds of the 91 Braves in the World Series and Kent Herbeck pulling Ron Gant off the 1st base bag, umpire totally missed that call, and we would have scored a run...after 19 years I'm not bitter or anything...

"Long ashes my friends."

• SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Don't watch a lot of baseball, but this seems to be the going trend this year across the board. Bad play calling in almost every football game I've seen this year. College and Pro. There were some really bad ones in the preseason games I just shrug off as "practice", but it didn't end with preseason! There needs to be umps for the umps at this rate!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Krieg:
    ...after 19 years I'm not bitter or anything...
    Not even a little? lol