Home General Discussion

tastes like a cigar

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
There was a low rent sub shop across the street from the Taco Belch down the road from our office park. Went out of business. An enterprising couple from Tenochtitlan took the place over. He speaks some English; she none apparent. They serve Chilango (Mexico City style) food. I dropped in first time and ordered a huarache. He pounded the masa out by hand with water and a touch of lime. The real deal. I toted it back to the office. had a pill cup of their red sauce and a pill cup of their green. I ate the green.

Today, I broke into the red. It's not your typical watery tomato red sauce from Jalisco or such not. It's more a creamy looking substance. I tasted some straight off the spoon. Here's my point: Tastes like maduro cigar! Has that peppery coffee flavor to it. Creamy peppery toasty bitter coffee.

Instead of trying to guess what else a cigar tastes like... I'm going to start noticing what else tastes like cigar.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    The more I smoke, the more I'm able to pick out suttle flavors. I've since shifted from powerhouses to smokes with depth and more complexity.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    You had me at Mexican Food. I'd love to taste any food that tastes like a cigar..best of both worlds.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    There was a low rent sub shop across the street from the Taco Belch down the road from our office park. Went out of business. An enterprising couple from Tenochtitlan took the place over. He speaks some English; she none apparent. They serve Chilango (Mexico City style) food. I dropped in first time and ordered a huarache. He pounded the masa out by hand with water and a touch of lime. The real deal. I toted it back to the office. had a pill cup of their red sauce and a pill cup of their green. I ate the green.

Today, I broke into the red. It's not your typical watery tomato red sauce from Jalisco or such not. It's more a creamy looking substance. I tasted some straight off the spoon. Here's my point: Tastes like maduro cigar! Has that peppery coffee flavor to it. Creamy peppery toasty bitter coffee.

Instead of trying to guess what else a cigar tastes like... I'm going to start noticing what else tastes like cigar.

who told you Chilango? i ask since most if not all mexican born from mexico city DF, take word as a insult, we say that to them and they get bitchy and pissed, I.E. "pinche chilango's"