Home Non Cigar Related

Curious Cuisine...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
I must say, this is the most interesting snack I've ever been served by a client after a business appointment. Can anybody guess what it is?

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked eel?? What'd I win?? Thanks very much.... Lol
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Eel?
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a small fish
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint is closer. Any of our Filipino brothers wanna help us out?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    What did it taste like?
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    What did it taste like?

Chicken :)
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If I'm right, I love these as a snack. I'm guessing it's dried, salted anchovies or minnows. A lot of Asians eat it as a snack.
    wwhwang:
    If I'm right, I love these as a snack. I'm guessing it's dried, salted anchovies or minnows. A lot of Asians eat it as a snack.
    My gracious host referred to them as "swordfish." Very long, thin, dried fish that are quickly deep fried and usually served with garlic rice.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    wwhwang:
    My gracious host referred to them as "swordfish." Very long, thin, dried fish that are quickly deep fried and usually served with garlic rice.
    I've had quite a few of those, though "swordfish" is a name I haven't heard of other than the huge fish with a long snout. Most Chinese and Japanese that eat the same fish either dry and salt it for snacks or fry and dry with sesame oil.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to eat this all the time. I'm not sure on the species of fish as it can vary but it's usually sun dried and cured with or without salt. ..... is it really salty?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I used to eat this all the time. I'm not sure on the species of fish as it can vary but it's usually sun dried and cured with or without salt. ..... is it really salty?
    I expected it to be, but it was not salty at all. Just tasted like crunchy deep fried fish.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    danielzreyes:
    I expected it to be, but it was not salty at all. Just tasted like crunchy deep fried fish.
    yum
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    LMBO
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    It looks like needlefish