Home Non Cigar Related

Manager

So I put in an application for manager where I work... the super prestigious and almost 5 star local IHOP ;) lol. Crossing my fingers that i get it. Its a small step but a step if i get it... now only to find the right cigar if I get it.
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, man I love IHOP.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    So I put in an application for manager where I work... the super prestigious and almost 5 star local IHOP ;) lol. Crossing my fingers that i get it. Its a small step but a step if i get it... now only to find the right cigar if I get it.
    Our local IHOP is right across the street from a culinary school ... yet they have a miserable cook. The one across town is a totally different story. The first can't make an unburnt omelette to save his butt. The second it's just right. The local IHOP is always empty. The one across town always has butts in the benches. We drive the extra fifteen minutes and wait. You're gonna manage one of these joints, rule number one is get a good chef, not a cheap cook, and then fight to keep him.

Restaurant is too much work for me.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:

We'll be having breakfast at our local IHOP this morning. It's a good one. For one thing, the manager is one of my lodge brothers and a real workaholic. And the folks he trains are usually quite good as well. The mark (to me) of a good chef in a breakfast joint is if they can properly baste eggs and make crispy bacon that's not jerky. Crispy should be crispy, not leathery....

Having added my $.02, let me wish you the best of luck in scoring that manager's position.... :-/)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck, I hope you get it.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Climb that corporate ladder, and when you are up there, talk them into beer and cigar rooms attached to all their restaurants. IHOP is one of our 3 favorite breakfast places and would be my absolute favorite if you did.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck brother. Wish you all the best.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Good luck! I hope you get it. When you do get it you can give us all free pancakes :P
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    I'm more of a Waffle House guy, but good luck! :)
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    bbass2:
    No waffle houses out here. ihop and dennys.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck! Nothing like a great breakfast to start the day.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    I like when the light in their signs goes out in just the W.....http://www.collegehumor.com/post/5864109/affle-house
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Good luck bro! Takes guts to step up to the big chair, kudos for reaching for what you want.
    Just wanted to bump this and say I went in for the interview this morning and ended up getting the job. I got a month of training and other fun stuff but it's a step.
    Now to find that cigar I was saving.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    Just wanted to bump this and say I went in for the interview this morning and ended up getting the job. I got a month of training and other fun stuff but it's a step.
    Now to find that cigar I was saving.
    Congrats!!
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Missed this thread before but now I can say CONGRATS!!!
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWRIGHT!! Fan-damn-tastic!! Congratulations, my friend. Just think, now you get to work your butt off like my lodge brother friend does. But then, hey, that's why they pay him the big bucks.... LOL
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Congrats man. I hope you have picked your cigar!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Congrats man! Don't forget to enjoy your work amidst all the new duties.
    J.S.:
    i got me an Old Man and The C thats been sitting for a little while now. Now i just need to find a min or two to sit down and do nothing but enjoy it.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!! Congrats!!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    J.S.:
    i got me an Old Man and The C thats been sitting for a little while now. Now i just need to find a min or two to sit down and do nothing but enjoy it.
    Congrats!! As a former retail manager myself, my only advice is to try not to spend 100% of the time mired in the endless small stuff. It's so endless you can do that and feel like you work harder than anyone in the world. But take time as often as you can to reflect on the bigger picture, that's where the real work is done and real difference is made.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.