Home Non Cigar Related

the death of a thousand cuts

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Legend tells us when the Chinese Emperor really really really didn't like a guy, at all, he could order him executed by a thousand cuts. A nick here, a slice there, whack a lil toe, snip a fingertip, nip an ear, bit by bit, cut by cut, day by day, until, eventually, there was not enough blood left to get around to not enough parts.

Vile criminals, traitors, and enemies of the realm are not the only ones executed by a thousand gradual cuts. Tell me: What are we executing here?:

I suppose the assumption is that if you don't see the whole freaking truck, then a wee orange cone will surely bring it to your attention. My favorite along this line is when you see them moving a house. You have a whole house, a house, on a lowboy with stretch mirrors extended, a state trooper in front, a chase truck with a light bar behind, a "wide load" banner (noshitsherlock) and, just in case you missed the house, a red hanky stapled to each rear corner.

What crime has common sense committed in the eyes of Authority to deserve death by a thousand cuts?

Have you snapped a pic of a snip?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    It also looks like if you open the doors, the side will pretty much read "Two men f uck"
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Man..at $90+ an hour moving gets expensive quick!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was suppose to say "cup" instead of "truck"
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm talking about the two little orange cones to prevent you from hitting the big ol honkin truck.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I'm talking about the two little orange cones to prevent you from hitting the big ol honkin truck.

Don't see any blocks on the rear wheels, maybe they put the cones there so the truck doesn't roll away. Live near the ocean and in the spring some bring their lobster boats to the docks themselves. Nothing like the sight of a Chevy pick-up pulling a boat that barely fits the trailer, or the road for that matter. But there is a red flag on the back, no worries.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    It also looks like if you open the doors, the side will pretty much read "Two men f uck"

The doors open outwards of necessity. When open, all you would see is "Two me..........k" unless other lettering is painted on the inside of the doors. Sorry to point that out - it's funnier your way.....
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Ken Light:

The doors open outwards of necessity. When open, all you would see is "Two me..........k" unless other lettering is painted on the inside of the doors. Sorry to point that out - it's funnier your way.....
    lol he means if they were opened 90degrees not the full 180.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    jlmarta:
    Ken Light:

lol he means if they were opened 90degrees not the full 180.

Ah, so. Well, as Don Rickles would say, "You have a point. But if you keep your hat on, maybe no one will notice". LOL