Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Any ghost hunters here?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I have a couple questions for anyone who might have knowledge of the paranormal. Legit thread... Please no buttholes. ;) lol
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I have a couple questions for anyone who might have knowledge of the paranormal. Legit thread... Please no buttholes. ;) lol

"Knowledge of the paranormal" is an oxymoron.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Couldn't resist! I'm a ****. :)
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Who you gonna call?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have apps for ghost hunting
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I WAS a complete skeptic. However, I do believe we have something in our home. It started with us noticing drawers left open in the dressers in our bedroom. I know we didn't leave them open, but I always figured there was an explanation.

One night I was in bed and my wife was in the master bath off the bedroom. I heard a crash on her side of the bed and when she came out, I told her the pile of books on her nightstand fell over. She said that they didn't and pointed to the books. She then told me that a drawer from her nightstand had not only opened, but completely cleared one of our large dogs who was lying on the floor on her side of the bed and landed by the foot of our bed.

Needless to say, I had to change my shorts. After that we were very careful to check to see that everything was closed up. We went away one weekend and I checked everything when we left. When we got back, nothing was disturbed in the house, but every drawer and cabinet door in the master bath was open! I know they were closed when we left because I checked them myself.

One day my wife called me very upset and said she had lost her wedding ring which she never takes off, in fact, it is very hard to take it off her finger. She was frantic and looked around the house. When she went into our bedroom, the ring was placed in the exact center of her pillow! There is no one else in the house. House guests have heard footfalls upstairs at night when no one was there on more than one occasion.

I have no idea what it is, but there is something there. He/it seems to be fairly benign and hasn't done anything hurtful to anyone. We've named him Elgin, why, I don't know, but we want to keep on good terms with him.

I promise, I'm not being a jerk here, this is the absolute truth!

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been 4 instances when I was completely at a loss for words to explain what happened. Not afraid but dumfounded. All 4 were visual and all 4 had witnesses.

A 5th that I was party to, but not present concerned clearing an attic of "strange" sights and sounds. What we did must have worked because it never happened again.

I am amazed at people who consider the whole subject bunk. 90% probably is, but I know what I and others saw and did.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for the question.
    Knowledge and understanding are 2 different things.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I WAS a complete skeptic. However, I do believe we have something in our home. It started with us noticing drawers left open in the dressers in our bedroom. I know we didn't leave them open, but I always figured there was an explanation.

One night I was in bed and my wife was in the master bath off the bedroom. I heard a crash on her side of the bed and when she came out, I told her the pile of books on her nightstand fell over. She said that they didn't and pointed to the books. She then told me that a drawer from her nightstand had not only opened, but completely cleared one of our large dogs who was lying on the floor on her side of the bed and landed by the foot of our bed.

Needless to say, I had to change my shorts. After that we were very careful to check to see that everything was closed up. We went away one weekend and I checked everything when we left. When we got back, nothing was disturbed in the house, but every drawer and cabinet door in the master bath was open! I know they were closed when we left because I checked them myself.

One day my wife called me very upset and said she had lost her wedding ring which she never takes off, in fact, it is very hard to take it off her finger. She was frantic and looked around the house. When she went into our bedroom, the ring was placed in the exact center of her pillow! There is no one else in the house. House guests have heard footfalls upstairs at night when no one was there on more than one occasion.

I have no idea what it is, but there is something there. He/it seems to be fairly benign and hasn't done anything hurtful to anyone. We've named him Elgin, why, I don't know, but we want to keep on good terms with him.

I promise, I'm not being a jerk here, this is the absolute truth!

Its time for you to hop on the nope train and head off to nopeville. Ive actually experienced a bunch of similar things to what you just described. I used to wake up to the piano playing during the night.
  • Options
    Sorry. Been at work. Lol my question is about spirit boxes. How well they work and if they are remotely accurate.
  • Options
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:

yes. Yes. You win the **** award today. ;) the prize is awesome too!!!! You get to send me a Ccom fiver to make up for being a ****. ;) lol
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:

yes. Yes. You win the **** award today. ;) the prize is awesome too!!!! You get to send me a Ccom fiver to make up for being a ****. ;) lol
    It was worth it. Addy me, please. :)
  • Options
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:

as a human I understand temptation... It's hard not to give in. As a gesture of goodosity I will let this be your one free pass... All other offenses will be punishable to the fullest extent. :)
  • Options
    Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    I have a couple WTF moments. like the electric razor turning on at random times when it hasn't been used in months and hearing the noise of it vibrating in the bathroom and being in the basement and hearing the creeks in the floors like someone was walking and no one was in the house. this happened all in the same week after my father died. But on the topic of Ghost i can only say this "i ain't afraid of no ghost"
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:

as a human I understand temptation... It's hard not to give in. As a gesture of goodosity I will let this be your one free pass... All other offenses will be punishable to the fullest extent. :)

What, my Swisher Sweets and Dutch Masters aren't good enough for you? :)
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    sent you a pm
  • Options
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:
    raisindot:
    LiquidChaos66:

What, my Swisher Sweets and Dutch Masters aren't good enough for you? :)

Never had a swisher. Never will.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I have seen more spirits than I care to speak of.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    I have seen more spirits than I care to speak of.
    You mean...drank more spirits....hmmmm
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Lol Jim. No I have seen spirits in almost every house I have lived in, friends houses and a number of other places. A lot if times its someone's relatives. Many times not knowing until I see a picture later on will I realize it was not a random thing but someone's loved one. I most recently seen my mother standing by a tree watching my wife and I plant flowers. Before that was my wife's grandfather looking out a window at us as we were cutting grass at his home he built. But ibhve also heard crazy things from a child falling down stairs and crashing into the was next to me where I was laying down at. Party, later to realize a girl was shoved down the stairs and IED in the 70s.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    When I lived in my first apartment I had a few experiences similar to Yankee's. I would wake up to find the book that I had left by my bed sitting in the corner across the room several times, it was the corner behind the door so I wouldn't have dropped it there on my way by and I'm not a sleep walker. Or if I left a glass of water on one side of my desk I would sometimes find it on the opposite side of the desk, towards that same corner. This was before I had a roommate so I know it wasn't someone messing with me. Those things stopped when I had a roommate move in, but when she was gone over break or something they would happen again, and when I was gone at least once she came home to find her computer monitor slid over to the edge of her desk and all of our stuff in the utility closet on the floor and crammed in a corner. It was just odd because nothing happened when we were both in the apartment, only when it was just one of us and always oriented to that one area of the apartment. And we were in a basement apartment so it wasn't weird vibrations or something.
  • Options
    In the house we are in now (built 1997) both my wife and I have heard heavy footsteps in the attic on my end of the house. My wife has had feelings of someone watching and even saw someone once. Since the grand kids and her mother have moved in there has been nothing. Shame really, would have been nice to have someone to talk to.
  • Options
    It is amazing that almost daily they run footage of a hank in the congress and people still don't believe. They have even talked to it and given it a name, harry ried.