Home Non Cigar Related

D-Day

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
FTW

Remember

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father would never talk about D-day, just found out recently he was a Beach Master through the whole thing.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    My father would never talk about D-day, just found out recently he was a Beach Master through the whole thing.

Wow...we owe so much to him and the hundreds of thousands of other brave men who took to the Normandy beaches that day....and all the other beaches where Americans had to face off against well entrenched enemies....
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'm in awe of the courage and bravery of these men. Proud to carry on the tradition.FTW.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A day to remember those who are serving and for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 to everything in this thread
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    I believe the history channel is doing a special on this tonight.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all the pre-landing bombing, rockets and guns of the big ships, not one **** was killed. Those men landed with 100% of Rommel's beach defenses undamaged.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beaker38:
    I believe the history channel is doing a special on this tonight.
    9:00 EST. Mad respect for those who defend us and their families. Thanks to all the BOTL in uniform.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Men of Uncommon Valor
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Also happens to be my Aniversary.

Aj