Home General Discussion
Options

Strange...very strange.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
2 humidors the same size. Basically the same number of cigars. Humidity is the same in both, same type and reading. One produces cigars that stay lit for the most part. The other box produces cigars that won't stay lit at all.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    2 humidors the same size. Basically the same number of cigars. Humidity is the same in both, same type and reading. One produces cigars that stay lit for the most part. The other box produces cigars that won't stay lit at all.

Evidently one of the boxes is possessed. Here's what to do: take the box that holds the sticks that won't stay lit, leave all the sticks in it, wrap it all carefully and ship the whole thing to me. I'll perform my personal excorcism on it and send it back. How's that for a heckuva deal?? Lol
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    jd50ae:

Evidently one of the boxes is possessed. Here's what to do: take the box that holds the sticks that won't stay lit, leave all the sticks in it, wrap it all carefully and ship the whole thing to me. I'll perform my personal excorcism on it and send it back. How's that for a heckuva deal?? Lol
    The power of me compels you! Out damned cigars from his humidor and into my own!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    By rubbing the cigars on the thighs of a virgin, mixing the ashes of a Ruination with the blood of a bat, I cast the demons back to the realm from whence they came.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    By rubbing the cigars on the thighs of a virgin, mixing the ashes of a Ruination with the blood of a bat, I cast the demons back to the realm from whence they came.
    Ruination FTW!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:

Do I sense vibes of skepticism?? Hmmmmmm??
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Or switch out the hygrometers and see if they still read the same.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are they in the room, are they next to each other? If one is on an outside wall and the other not, that may be the problem. Or the RH might be to high for the sticks in the one that has the problem, they might like dryer conditions. Of course if the same sticks are in both that won't be the case. I have to say I'm with the afore mentioned possessed theory.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Or switch out the hygrometers and see if they still read the same.

Actually put both in the same box and then did the same in the other. Perfect match both times.

I think I may have an idea what it is, after staring at them for about an hour. A little voice in my head made a powerful suggestion. Now to prove it. The chase is a foot.
  • Options
    Patrickbrick:
    Where are they in the room, are they next to each other? If one is on an outside wall and the other not, that may be the problem. Or the RH might be to high for the sticks in the one that has the problem, they might like dryer conditions. Of course if the same sticks are in both that won't be the case. I have to say I'm with the afore mentioned possessed theory.

Different (totally) in each box. But, the humidors are on the same shelf with the same booby traps for each.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does one have more recent acquisitions in it than the other? I try and give any stick at least a couple weeks in my humidor. Otherwise, bad luck!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Does one have more recent acquisitions in it than the other? I try and give any stick at least a couple weeks in my humidor. Otherwise, bad luck!

That is what the little voice in my head suggested, and experiments have been set up accordingly. Of course it will, by my plan, take a month to show results. I have always considered the little voice in my head pre-mensa certified (how would you get certification?) and I pay attention. Oh heck, way past time for my meds.