Home Non Cigar Related

Cigars are Drugs?

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know how to embed hypertext, but I just read a story that the Beverly High School (MA) banned two students from playing in the state championship lacrosse game because they had been photographed at their high school graduation smoking cigars.

Apparently the state athletic association has a strict policy that bans alcohol and drug use by high school athletes. They say that smoking cigars is a clear violation and the school suspended the two athletes from the championship games!

Am I missing something here?

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    If we're speaking technically, then yes.Nicotine is a drug. So is Motrin. So any of them that take medication (DRUGS) should be left off the roster too.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I don't know how to embed hypertext, but I just read a story that the Beverly High School (MA) banned two students from playing in the state championship lacrosse game because they had been photographed at their high school graduation smoking cigars.

Apparently the state athletic association has a strict policy that bans alcohol and drug use by high school athletes. They say that smoking cigars is a clear violation and the school suspended the two athletes from the championship games!

See my post under General Discussion....
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:

What???? I just don't see the logic behind their decision. Maybe the photograph showed them smoking cigars on school property? That's the only thing I can think of. Well if cigars are drugs, then all of us here at ccom are huge druggies.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    California has awesome weather! But their policies suck!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems kind of tame for a graduation prank, have we become that stiff? Admonish them maybe, but to ban them from playing seems excessive. What did the school do to the other students smoking cigars that weren't on the team?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    California has awesome weather! But their policies suck!

California??? How did California get into this?? The news story was from Massachusetts, I believe.... Lol

Edit: Beverly, MA is about 13 miles north of Salem, MA