Home General Discussion
Options

Under the kinfe

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
Well, I know this is really more NCR, but I generally stay outta that place any more.

Anyway....I go in for surgery on Thursday. I'm having a hydroceletomy. It's something that popped up during my last deployment. No idea how or why, but it did. I won't describe it here. Look it up if you wish, I just hope you're not squeamish. I will have 3 weeks of recovery time afterwards. This is my first time having any type of surgery, can't say I'm thrilled about it.

Wish me luck, boys!

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I googled it.OUCH!!!! Hope all goes well brother.keep us posted no pictures please!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ain't even going to look it up.....when I have had surgery I don't even want it described to me, and I don't have to watch it. I hate hospitals.

That being said, make sure you have a visitor with good smuggling skills. And don't hesitate to push that button.

Wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the same thing done years ago. No pain or problems. You will be fine in no time. Rest easy and enjoy the time off.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Wishing a quick recovery!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping all goes well.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Kick some ass Boots!!!! Good juju headin your way pal!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    My legs are crossed. All should be well our thoughts are with you!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's Nuts!
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    That's Nuts!
    Bahaha, thanks guys
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that Bootsie! Let us know if you need anything
  • Options
    Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Hope all goes well. I am glad I lost my mind with our trade.
  • Options
    Tyland64:
    Hope all goes well. I am glad I lost my mind with our trade.
    I'm really scared now!
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck sir. I feel your pain although mine is not that serious.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    You in and out in a day or they having you stay for a day or so after the procedure?
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    You in and out in a day or they having you stay for a day or so after the procedure?
    Should be in/out. Little recovery time, and head home.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck man.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Praying for ya man.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Happy thoughts your way Brother, Keep to the Dr's orders about time off/no lifting etc...
    Back in 1995 I had a vasectomy, the Dr said no work for 2-3 weeks
    (construction, I guess because its to labor intensive?? a lot of non labor guys I knew only took 3-4 days off work)
    After 1 week off I went back to work, was lifting a couple buckets of mixed coal tar epoxy and both incisions split open and well, lets just say it wasn't pretty, so 2 more weeks off and all was good

Relax, enjoy some time smoking some great sticks, give the ol boys some time off and let them recoup to get back in the game in a few weeks :)
  • Options
    About 3 hrs from show time, to heading home. Good drugs and a good doc.
  • Options
    This is new boots wife. Just wanted to let everyone know that he is home and resting. The doctor did end up taking a biopsy there was a lot of inflammation that he is a little concerned about. He's not convinced it might be cancer but he wanted to just be on the safe side. He goes back to the doctor next week for a check up. He's been in and out of sleep since he got home but he seems to be doing well otherwise.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Good to hear! Tell him we're thinking of him.Would this be a bad time to tell him about us? ;)
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    This is new boots wife. Just wanted to let everyone know that he is home and resting. The doctor did end up taking a biopsy there was a lot of inflammation that he is a little concerned about. He's not convinced it might be cancer but he wanted to just be on the safe side. He goes back to the doctor next week for a check up. He's been in and out of sleep since he got home but he seems to be doing well otherwise.
    ||Best Joey's voice from Friends I could conjur...|| How you doin?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:

So...we will have another respite from his posts..:) Just kidding...I wish him well, and tell him any pain or make sleepy medications he has left over he can send them to me.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Boots... 1) listen to DR... It sucks but recover before you do anything even remotely stupid. (2) Stay hydrated, and ask the MRS Boots (or is that High Heels) for fresh ice often.

Way to many surgeries to not listen to DR.
  • Options
    Take care Boots! Keep us posted on how you're doin when you have a chance!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Get well soon! Keeping you in my prayers.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope all is well. Praying the results come back negative.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    FYI - Showering can in fact be a bad thing. Owwy