Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkha Park Avenue

Just finished the Park Avenue and pleasantly surprised and a nice cigar. To me this was Gurkhas version of 5 Vegas Gold. Not as nutty but same principle and just a tad more peppery, but sometimes for me thats how a 5 Vegas Gold is. Started off just like a Gold with a strong Peppery taste but stronger than a Gold. A hint of cream was detected and reminded me of melted pepper jack cheese, yeah i know- cheese of all things but thats best i could come up with. Then just like Gold Mellowed out after about an inch. Wasn't as nutty but still had presence of some nut with an equal peppery taste. they werent overpowering at all and very complimentary of each other. overall a good cigar and for price of a box would be a very good buy if a box of 5 Vegas wasn't in the budget. Now onto a Sherpa i reviewed a while back. I had another 1 and this time inside my apartment. This time it was worse than the first 1. didnt recieve the ash taste but didn't really recieve much taste and the peanut smell wasn't there also. At first i thought of the theory behind people saying if u like gurkha you wont like Rocky and vice versa but I'm kinda skeptical on that. I just think some you will like in a Brand and some you won't. as for as the Sherpa, I have 1 more to turn me around and I will smoke that outside but not much hope since its 0 for 2 with me. So guess you can like both Rocky and Gurkha, just got to find the cigar of each to do it. For me its the Park Avenue as i probably wont be trying any other Gurkhas bc i am a cheap skate. Hey Im being honest atleast, unless any of you feel sorry for me and wanna send a complimentary Gurkha!!!!

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sorry to hear that about the Sherpas. I've had 3 of them. One had construction issues, but the other 2 were great. Glad the PA was a winner for you, though.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    I've been wanting to try them Thanks for the heads up....
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I love Gurkhas, if you keep an eye out for specials, you can actually get some at a good price. Just buy them when you find a deal.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    ilikebigbutts,
    I got the same thing from the Park Avenue that you did, nice review. Thanks.