Home Non Cigar Related
Options

NCR Request

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Can we move the beer thread out of NCR so I can completely avoid this subforum and stay out of trouble? K thanks.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busted? Why not have a "Political" area unto itself... Separate but equal
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?
    Like many idiots that came before me, I have fallen prey to the pointless political debates. Since they make me want to leave the forum altogether, I'll just avoid this part.
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned that there are two points of discussion I avoid with people.....religion and politics.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    I've learned that there are two points of discussion I avoid with people.....religion and politics.
    AMEN!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?
    Like many idiots that came before me, I have fallen prey to the pointless political debates. Since they make me want to leave the forum altogether, I'll just avoid this part.
    +1, beer thread, pho thread and the bum of the week. It's the dumb crap in NCR that made me leave the board the first time.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?
    +1, beer thread, pho thread and the bum of the week. It's the dumb crap in NCR that made me leave the board the first time.
    speaking of Pho ...
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Jetmech_63:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?
    speaking of Pho ...
    Dude I had a big bowl of Beef Pho two days ago and it went right through me, Talk about instant enima,, Man it sucked cuz as soon as I hit the public bathroom some dude was knocking on the door, bout 3 minutes later he knocked again. When I opened the door to leave, he was still standing there As I passed him all I could think is, sorry man your not gonna like it in there. I kinda chuckled,,;o)
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Maybe just a food and drink forum? Or a food, drink, and T&A forum?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Yeah what he said.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:

Turkey and Anchovies . . . ?
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Wow Ken. I thought we were cool like that. Pho isn't "just a food".

Cigars are just thicker cigarettes
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Pho is more like a religion....
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:

Ok, Food, drink, T&A, and life-changing sustenance forum.
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?

As one of those idiots who's been sucked into the poli discussions way too often, I agree. The politics discussions are like rubber-necking auto accidents. Much as you want to avoid it you can't resist.

Make politics its own forum separate from NCR and let the haters stew in their juices. Then, like other have said, turn NCR into a politics free "general interest" forum, with bums, b**bs and booze prominently featured. :)
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    danielzreyes:
    Ken Light:

Ok, Food, drink, T&A, and life-changing sustenance forum.
    ok we're friends again
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raisindot:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?

As one of those idiots who's been sucked into the poli discussions way too often, I agree. The politics discussions are like rubber-necking auto accidents. Much as you want to avoid it you can't resist.

Make politics its own forum separate from NCR and let the haters stew in their juices. Then, like other have said, turn NCR into a politics free "general interest" forum, with bums, b**bs and booze prominently featured. :)
    Seriously, I'd hate to see either of you cease to post in these discussions. I know, I know, it gets frustrating. But, I can't help but think that the only way to combat the idealogues and dogmatists is for people capable of seeing more than one side of an issue to hold their ground in the face of the onslaught of lunacy from the Right and the Left.

When I was much younger, voting for Ronald Reagan and believing in newcomer Newt Gingrich, it seemed that in general it was the Leftists, I cannot call them Liberals, because they're not, but the Leftist movements were much less likely to look across the aisle and spot a good idea on the Right and support it just because it was a good idea. Enough Conservatives were willing to do so that we got things like Civil Rights legislation passed. Not so anymore. Any idea issuing from any source considered "Left" or "Liberal" receives no consideration from the Right at all, regardless of whether or not it's a good idea. This applies as well to consideration of bad ideas from conservatives, which are either defended as "necessary", or the bad outcomes are attributed to Obama, eg. : the collapse of the economy thanks primarily to de-regulation and the burden of the un-necessary war in Iraq, and the poorly executed war in Afghanistan.

You two in particular, and a number of others on both sides of the fence here, have acquitted yourselves well in these discussions. We'll always have those who cannot see past the end of their party platform, or their favorite personality's carefully crafted and paid for "opinion".

Also, I admit I've withheld from many of these discussions of late as well, it gets tiring trying to make a serious point only to be met with fallacies, red-herrings, and ad-hominem attacks. Still, our bond of cigars provides us with an eclectic group, very diverse opinions, many of them well thought out on both sides of the arguments. Don't give up completely.

Oh, and we should also continue our efforts regarding Booze, B**bs, etc., because we can!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    A couple years ago, a friend made a Facebook post about the pointlessness of political/religious debate. Considering no one will ever change their mind from these debates, he thought they were therefore pointless. Someone else came along and cleared that up. The real point of the these "pointless" discussions is to realize that you are not alone in your thoughts. Finding support from others in your views is what really happens in these discussions. Let's face it, I'm not going to think W was a good president no matter how much anyone says otherwise. So there is a reason to have these debates, but not necessarily for the sake of the debate. I would feel more at home if it was less attack-based, however. Being called an idiot/illiterate/uneducated/naive/etc because of my views is just bullsh!t. Because of that, I will not waste my time with these discussions in the future. I will keep smoking cigars and drinking beer and sharing my thoughts on those subjects, however :)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Does ANYONE feel at home in NCR? ;)
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    People ***** and moan about not getting into office...well if you got with the program and realized things have changed in the last hundred years maybe something will happen! Oh yeah how does Obama have anything to do with the FDA restrictions?! He was a smoker
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Rain:
    I had a cot set up for a while...
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    yea... actually i like it here alot. Thats the great thing about this place. If im having a long week, maybe dont get the time to smoke cigars or a pipe, i can still get on this forum and be a part. So I dont have any cool cigar stuff to talk about... I can always come on down th NCR and converse about anything. B@@bs, BBQ, Cars, Politics, Religon, Ex wifes, Children, Gardens, Sports, YOUR F'N Face, (J/K :), The Weather and a whole lot of other nonsense. Maybe we just need a bit thicker skin and not be upset about others opinions. So what... maybe my best buddy here likes blue... and I like green, Doesnt mean im going to personally hate you for it. just means im gonna give you chit cause i can, because friends can.

Whew! Rock on wit yo bad selfs'

Aj
  • Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?

Seriously, I'd hate to see either of you cease to post in these discussions. I know, I know, it gets frustrating. But, I can't help but think that the only way to combat the idealogues and dogmatists is for people capable of seeing more than one side of an issue to hold their ground in the face of the onslaught of lunacy from the Right and the Left.

It was at this point that the thread derailed lol :p
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Amos Umwhat:
    raisindot:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Busted?

It was at this point that the thread derailed lol :p
    Right. Why bother? Just shut up and watch your country go to ****.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:

Okay, to bring a totally different tangent, how come this site automatically "censors" certain words (for example, I once used the word *** as a name, not a vulgarity and it was asteriskicized), yet it somehow allow us to post photos of nearly naked women with no problem at all?

Not that I'm complaining or anything. About the photos, I mean.
  • Options
    raisindot:
    Amos Umwhat:

Okay, to bring a totally different tangent, how come this site automatically "censors" certain words (for example, I once used the word *** as a name, not a vulgarity and it was asteriskicized), yet it somehow allow us to post photos of nearly naked women with no problem at all?

Not that I'm complaining or anything. About the photos, I mean.

See? Look at that! I just posted the nickname of the only President of the United States who resigned from office and it censored it! LOL!!!!!