Home Cigar 101
Options

I'm a newbie and I need some help

2»

Comments

• Options
    I am having me a greycliff original tonight it is a med-full cigar( I looked it up) but I think it is on the more med side than med-full I really like it so far
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    One of the joys of getting into this hobby is trying all different types of cigars and finding out what works for you. What I may like isn't what you may like. Go out and go nuts trying different brands and blends. Within time you will know what you like.
  • Options
    that is what I have been doing to an extent anyways I was hoping to get a direction to go I guess and some advice on as much stuff as I can.
  • Options
    Mike first off thank you for your service!!! I would start out smoking something mild say a Macanudo Gold Label (Hampton Court) and then work your way up to the darker shades if you prefer. Your best bet is to try a few to see what you like and then order samplers from any of the online Cigar company's
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I agree with edelrionyc . I too am somewhat new to all the knowledge of cigars I know what I like and after the navy from 1989 to 2009 I have smoke many sticks around the world and I know I like Maduros the most some I am a med/ full guy but that is just me I know guys who look for the " deal " stick one that will not kill the pocket it is still hard out there for many and 60 to 80'$ a month for sticks is just out of the Q?. So let the search begin :) but HEY!!!! as I have said been around the world and CC's very cost effective .
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to remember, is that your tastes will change over time and the more you smoke cigars.
    In some instances, they can change drastically over time.
    Buying samplers is a good way to go until you get a pretty good handle on what you like.
    And email Kelly Kgraffin@cigar.com and ask to be put on her Kelly's Deals list.

I know it's hard to not get caught up when you jump into cigar smoking, but pace yourself.
    And be aware that there are some cigars that will surprise you, so be careful trying to determine their strength by the color of the wrapper.
    I prefer Cameroon wrappers, but that's me. The next guy (or previous guy) prefers maduros.
    So the tastes can be all over the board. Asking one person what is good when it comes to cigars is like asking a person what is a good color for a car. You'll get 100 different answers. None will be wrong, but won't really pertain to you.

I know that's not much of a help, but it is what it is.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your sudgestions and advice it is and was very helpfull. I am starting to get a small collection of cigars now and am finding some I really like so once again thank you.
  • Options
    Great day ordered my first bundle of cigars. Ordered some rocky Patel vintage 2nds can't wait.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikeboyle29:
    Great day ordered my first bundle of cigars. Ordered some rocky Patel vintage 2nds can't wait.
    Hope you like 'em. Did you get the '90 or '92? I remember the 92s I got as one of my first online purchases. I really liked those.
  • Options
    I got the 90's and am counting the days, I think rocky Patel is problem my favorite cigar maker
  • Options
    AshMeAshMe Posts: 318
    Check the reviews on websites. Thats a good way to start out.
    "Do you smoke? Mind if I do?"  - Genie, in Aladdin.