Home General Discussion
Options

"Pick My Stick" - AVO Wins - Review completed

jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
We finally made it back to Montana for the summer.

I hope to restart my "pick my stick" posts.

In fact, on short notice.... you can pick my stick for tonight....Choices are:

1. Diesel Unlimited Maduro
2. LFD Air Bender
3. AVO Classic

As always, you vote, I smoke your choice, writeup my mini review, and if the animals cooperate, wildlife pictures are included. Thanks, Vote early and often!!! Jim

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVO... Great to have you back
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, Montana is beautiful. When I went out there you could smoke anywhere, drive as fast as you want and wear your gun. Ain't America great.

I vote #2
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live on the edge.....do a blind pick.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Jim! I love these threads! Tough choice today. I really like all three of these blenders, but I think I would love to hear your thoughts on the new Diesel.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    A V O
  • Options
    Glad to see the old "class act" group of folks are still here.

Also looks like things got cleaned up a bit. Good to be back home.

Thanks for all the kind words, look for more "Pick My Stick" posts as we settle in.

Y'all got about an hour left to vote before I go do my duty.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    AVO
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Air Bender!!!
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Its clean in here? really?

oh yea... DIESEL!

• Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Its clean in here? really?

oh yea... DIESEL!

Well, I've only been online a couple of hours but in that short time it looks like some of the old trouble makers have moved on.

(think that will get a few comments)
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Air bender
  • Options
    Thanks for all the votes on short notice!

Votes are in and 2 Diesel, 3 Bender, and 3 AVO.

Since the BIGSHIZ was the first vote and he voted for AVO, then AVO it is!

Thanks for voting. Look for my mini review late tonight.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to read your mini review. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed ya jim. Good pick!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Was just asking shizza about you the other day. Good to see you back.
  • Options
    Thanks for picking a great smoke. Here is my thoughts and mini review.

AVO Classic Robusto - Paired with a local Montana Bourbon called Neversweat and water.

Started at 5:15. Weather is 79 degrees and overcast with a slight breeze. Rain on the way and we need it.

I chose to punch rather than cut. Lately I have been preferring the punch. Prelight draw is about perfect, not to light not too tight. Wrapper is smooth and even with a medium firm feel. Appears very well constructed.

First few puffs are mild and smooth. This is a very creamy smooth smoke. A slight hint of spice but light flavor. Burn is excellent. Nice ash.

First third added a bit of spice and a touch of cocoa or caramel sweetness on the retro. This continues to burn razor sharp and the creamy smooth smoke is most enjoyable.

No wildlife pics tonight. The deer are off having this seasons fawns. Little ones will be around shortly.

This stick ended at 1 hour 20 minutes. A bit more spice near the end. Overall, this is one great stick for anyone who enjoys a relaxing mild moment. Some may call this medium but I guess I have had a few too many Diesels of Ruinations.

Overall, this is a must try for anyone. Even the full body lovers will enjoy this change of pace.

Thanks again for voting. Keep an eye out for the next "Pick My Stick"

• Options
    ddubridge:
    Was just asking shizza about you the other day. Good to see you back.
    Thanks. Good to see everyone still here and good to be back in Montana. It has been a busy year so far. Hoping to get some relaxing in between chopping wood and taking care of the ranch.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Neversweat-been a while since I've had it. Heading to the liquor store today...will have to pick some up!
  • Options
    gripnrip:
    I really like the Neversweat-been a while since I've had it. Heading to the liquor store today...will have to pick some up!
    Last night was the last of that bottle. I am completely our of bourbon. Need to pick up some Neversweat and some Woodford. Glad to see someone else in Montana !
  • Options
    jadelt:
    gripnrip:
    Last night was the last of that bottle. I am completely our of bourbon. Need to pick up some Neversweat and some Woodford. Glad to see someone else in Montana !
    Born and raised, brother! Went to get some tonight and, lo and behold they had some Angels Envy on hand! Needless to say, I had to go with that. Butte America bourbon next time!
  • Options
    gripnrip:
    jadelt:
    gripnrip:
    Born and raised, brother! Went to get some tonight and, lo and behold they had some Angels Envy on hand! Needless to say, I had to go with that. Butte America bourbon next time!
    Never tried it. Which Angels Envy do you like? I may try to get some when I am in WA.
  • Options
    I picked up the port finished bourbon (the only one they had). Sampled some last night, paired with a My Father No. 1. Definitely a unique bourbon...you get a sense of the port, but does not overpower. An interesting change of pace. I would like to try the cask finished bourbon and rum finished rye as well.