Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Young Man With Disability Receiving a Job Offer

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I know it's not what the intent of this video was, but I really had to stop and think about how lucky I am. I have a house, cars, computers....and this guy is overjoyed about just getting a job. Perspective. Rock on Nick!

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We take a lot for granted. Things are rough for us, but with this for perspective, not so bad.
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I love it! This guy wants to work when so many out there work so hard so they can’t get a job on purpose.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Can I get his work ethic copied and sent to my EX!!!! Oh wait he is more qualified due to the fact that he is willing to work.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That's great, and some disparage Wally-World's business ethics, they should watch this. I wish the best for this kid, he will bust his ass for them I bet. A disability means nothing, depending on the job you are doing and sometimes heightens abilities in other areas, hope he finds his niche. Or they find it for him, good employers will do that.

Thanks Rain, now I will go to work on this friday with Nick's enthusiasm, may last until lunch.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you mention it... The YMCA where I play handball used to have a fleet of these guys armed with mops. I haven't seen them in a long while. Wonder what happened? I should ask.

I did some volunteer puter geek work years back for a thriving non-profit located in the heart of the projects in Wilmington DE, entirely staffed by insert your PC label here. Contracted for all sorts of rote tasks. Boxing products, fulfillment, junk mail, business novelties... that's the best part, it was always something different coming in their doors. Great concept and a money maker too, so they were able to pay their people pretty decently.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)