Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Anyone try a 30-day exercise challenge? COMPLETED!!!

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Currently trying the 30-day ab challenge. Busting my @$$!! And today is only the 9th of 23 workouts (every 4th day is rest). I really don't think I can make it. Anyone try one?
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the 10th or 11th day it will get easier. We all know, and you know, you can do it. I watched 2 older 30 something guys go through it about 6 months ago, and 1 of them is doing it again. Hang tough.

I tell you what....you post when you have completed it and there will be a little prize for you.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    About the 10th or 11th day it will get easier. We all know, and you know, you can do it. I watched 2 older 30 something guys go through it about 6 months ago, and 1 of them is doing it again. Hang tough.

I tell you what....you post when you have completed it and there will be a little prize for you.
    You know people that did it? That actually really helps, thanks! I was seriously starting to think it was impossible.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    jd50ae:

You know people that did it? That actually really helps, thanks! I was seriously starting to think it was impossible.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it :)
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I have tried the "laying in bed exercise" I beleive i did farily well. But if your talking about like P90X that stuff is wicked
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoon:
    I have tried the "laying in bed exercise" I beleive i did farily well. But if your talking about like P90X that stuff is wicked
    Nah, not P90X, it's just a 30-day exercise challenge. They have them for abs, arms, etc. and specific exercises like pushups. I built myself up to 40 pushups a day everyday as well.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about downloading one of those apps on my phone. That's as far as I got. I'm so lazy
  • Options
    I don't even have a phone that can do apps. Here's what I got.

photo 30-day-ab-challenge-chart1_zps324ff0f1.jpg
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Do you do sets of these or do you do them just once? Do you rest in between or just jump from one exercise to the next? The first week or two looks easy, but after that it looks challenging. Day 30 looks hard even if you're in great shape. Stick with it bud and you'll have a heck of an accomplishment. Good luck.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    This post inspired me to start the push-up and abs workouts last night. Keep up the good work!!
  • Options
    blutattoo:
    Do you do sets of these or do you do them just once? Do you rest in between or just jump from one exercise to the next? The first week or two looks easy, but after that it looks challenging. Day 30 looks hard even if you're in great shape. Stick with it bud and you'll have a heck of an accomplishment. Good luck.
    I just push straight through, but I'm only about 1/3 through. I was definitely thinking about splitting into 2 and then 3 sessions towards the end as a possible way to make it do-able. I've had back pain for years so my core is garbage and I struggled with day 2, I'm not sure how I'm gonna do day 30. But I'm going to try! Today is Day 12 and I'm happy for a rest though!
  • Options
    james40:
    This post inspired me to start the push-up and abs workouts last night. Keep up the good work!!
    Nice, update your progress here!!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the one I found online too, Ken. I also have a bad back so I should do this too
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That one def looks tough at the end. I've done a push-up challenge that has you working towards being able to do 100 consecutive push-ups. I made it to 60 consecutive. You just have yo focus on something else while you do it. You'll finish it! Good luck
  • Options
    bert873:
    That one def looks tough at the end. I've done a push-up challenge that has you working towards being able to do 100 consecutive push-ups. I made it to 60 consecutive. You just have yo focus on something else while you do it. You'll finish it! Good luck
    I got to 40 pushups in a couple weeks and have just stayed there. I have a rotator cuff injury from highschool that I'm not trying to test too heavily on those.

As for this challenge, I just finished day 13!! Actually feeling pretty good about it today, after blutattoo asked if I did it in sets I thought about it and decided this was probably a good idea. Did the sit ups in sets of 30, crunches in sets of 25 and leg raises in sets of 15 (15, 15, 10). Taking 30 seconds to breath and unclench between the sets really seems to have made a big difference. The last one is a mother----er, but it feels more do-able.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    bert873:
    I got to 40 pushups in a couple weeks and have just stayed there. I have a rotator cuff injury from highschool that I'm not trying to test too heavily on those.

As for this challenge, I just finished day 13!! Actually feeling pretty good about it today, after blutattoo asked if I did it in sets I thought about it and decided this was probably a good idea. Did the sit ups in sets of 30, crunches in sets of 25 and leg raises in sets of 15 (15, 15, 10). Taking 30 seconds to breath and unclench between the sets really seems to have made a big difference. The last one is a mother----er, but it feels more do-able.
    Congrats man, keep it up!
  • Options
    I hit a WALL with this yesterday. Woke up sore as all hell today. But I got it done. Day 19 in the books. That's two thirds of the way through.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Dang man...I HATE the plank. Keep it up!
  • Options
    Good job working through that tough day Ken!

I got up to day 3 of each challenge, started mountain biking again but on dirt roads, then got the flu...starting over probably next week. Sucks as I was starting to notice some decent improvements..
  • Options
    Just wanted to post an update, because that's really keeping me going! I just got through day 25!! 5 more days, 4 more workouts. This is starting to feel possible right now, I think I could actually tack on the extra reps right now and complete the last day.
  • Options
    Great job Ken. Keep it up, you're almost there and the confidence and pride you'll feel at the end of the last workout will be fantastic.
  • Options
    Ken, how's it going?
  • Options
    I went to the Jersey shore to let little James visit his grandparents (my in-laws) and his cousin from tuesday to today, but I kept up the work on this! Today, I finished it!!!! I'm really really stoked to have done it, especially since it seemed so impossible at the start. Thanks to everyone for your support!!! Now, which to do next...
  • Options
    Congrats Ken, great job. How were you doing the last workouts in sense if sets and reps?
  • Options
    About 3/4 in I broke everything except the plank into 4 sets. The plank was done straight through and let me tell you 2 minutes is an ETERNITY. The others were as follows:
    Situps: 35, 30, 30, 30
    Crunches: 50, 50, 50, 50
    Leg Lifts: 17, 16, 16, 16. Well, that was the plan. At the end of all those situps and crunches I kinda went into beast mode and did 25 the first set, 20, planned to do another 20 but ended up with 12 and 8 to finish, hahahah.
  • Options
    Did you do one rep of sit-ups, then move to crunches or do all the sit-ups, then all the crunches? How long of a rest period between sets and exercises, if different?
  • Options
    In the order shown, so all situps, then crunches, etc. About 30 sec between sets, 1 minute or 2 between exercises. The whole final workout took probably 20-25 min.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Check out a program called ruthless. Its a dgd and will test ya...its hard and no where near the cost of the p90x program
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Check out a program called ruthless. Its a dgd and will test ya...its hard and no where near the cost of the p90x program
    Looks pretty interesting, do you need a bunch of equipment for it? Or just some free weights or something?
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    deejmemixx:
    Looks pretty interesting, do you need a bunch of equipment for it? Or just some free weights or something?
    only thing u need is your body... Its killer man
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Ken Light:
    deejmemixx:
    only thing u need is your body... Its killer man
    Oh damn, sounds good.