Home Non Cigar Related

Comenity Bank

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever dealt with theses effing people?

After we lost everything (tornado) our credit rating took a nose dive and we have been struggling for years to re-build it.

I get an offer from this bank for a CC with a vendor I have bought from for years, at an absolutely obscene interest rate. It was a chance to re-build credit history. The plan was to make small purchases and make the monthly payments for about 6 months and pay them off. Simple, right?

Well, the first statement I got included a late fee. They corrected it, sound good? They did it again. The 3rd time I had paid it off in full and the latest statement does not reflect the payment but it does includes a late fee.

Over 3000 complaints filed with the BBB but "they corrected their mistakes" and the BBB gives them a good rating.

I am seriously thinking of a formal complaint with what ever "Banking Commission" I can find.

So, if anyone has had similar experience with them I would sure like to know.

Comments

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of them but I would dump them ASAP. May want to talk with the b&m bank you do business with locally, maybe they can help you out with this.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    What form of payment are you using? Are you mailing a check? When are you paying in relation to the due date each month? When is the payment due date in relation to the statement date?

Mine, with a different bank, is set up with the due date 4 days before the statement date. I always pay online sometime in the week prior to the due date. I've never experienced a late fee in 3+ years and the payment is always reflected on the statement. I would also recommend reading your card holder agreement again, very carefully.