Home General Discussion
Options

Order delivered with mold

So since I'm a newbie I need to ask. Just got a delivery from here and most of the order is perfect. The issue is with the Romeo y Julieta Rothchilde tube. Every stick has mold. Some worse than others. 1 even has a torn wrapper. I can live with a small tear but are the others ok to smoke or should I call customer service. I've never had a problem and I don't want to sound like a little *** but what do you all think?

Comments

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give them a call. They will take care of you.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    matkn293:
    Give them a call. They will take care of you.
    +1 ccom probably has the best customer service I've experienced. Any issue they make it right in no time at all. Tubos are prone to molding..I had some bout a month ago from another horrid site I won't mention...toe up with mold. Good luck...welcome to the forum*!!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'd give them a call to let them know what is going on and see what they say. They have great customer service. If the mold isn't in the foot, only on the wrapper, they can be wiped clean and should be fine to smoke. I got some RyJ special edition tubos a few years ago that all had mold on them. Wiped them off, good to go. I still have one left, still in the tube, still no mold since I wiped it down.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    My only beef with a tubo is mold...I'm convinced that all tubos are mold magnets.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I agree I had a box of God of Fire Tubos from an auction site that got moldy super fast. After that no more tubos for me. Ccom is great with refunds or exchanges just give em a call or email service@cigar.com.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    My only beef with a tubo is mold...I'm convinced that all tubos are mold magnets.
    ^^^This
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    0patience:
    Rain:
    ^^^This
    Specifically those damn RyJ Rothechild tubos. I have never seen so many have mold.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    blutattoo:
    I agree I had a box of God of Fire Tubos from an auction site that got moldy super fast. After that no more tubos for me. Ccom is great with refunds or exchanges just give em a call or email service@cigar.com.
    I got some 2006 (in 2008) GoF DC in tubes with mold. I just wiped it off and put them in cello and no problems since. I still have a bunch
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Rain:
    ^^^This
    X123412351235

A popular manufacturer disagreed with me. Claimed it all came down to how they are stored, sent me some tubos. Go figure, they all had mold... I don't care what rh you store at, Habanos SA recommends storing outside the tubo for a reason. The tubo is for short term traveling. That's it...

To the OP. Contact service@cigar.com and they will take care of you.
  • Options
    dupe
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    ccom has some of the best customer service i've seen. Call them and i'm sure they will take care of you. My only question is that are you sure it's mold and not plume? I know alot of brothers on here are saying that tubos are prone to mold but maybe you have plume. Can the substance be easily wiped off with you finger? If so this is plume.
  • Options
    edelrionyc:
    ccom has some of the best customer service i've seen. Call them and i'm sure they will take care of you. My only question is that are you sure it's mold and not plume? I know alot of brothers on here are saying that tubos are prone to mold but maybe you have plume. Can the substance be easily wiped off with you finger? If so this is plume.
    Mold can easily be wiped off with your finger. That is not a determining factor.
  • Options
    chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    I second the customer service at CCOM

The CCOM guys are some of the best in the industry, they put the customer first and always make things right, rarely is there a problem but when there is they right it quickly.
  • Options
    edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    edelrionyc:
    Mold can easily be wiped off with your finger. That is not a determining factor.
    I never had dealt with mold but I was under the impression that mold left residue when rubbed... I learn something new everyday...
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all the feedback. I decided to give them a go. wiped them of and lit one up. it was great!