Home General Discussion
Options

Big Clumsy Ape

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Coffee and first smoke placed carefully at their place of honor for the morning ritual. Wheel my semi-new hi-back big and tall comfy recliner at the ready. PC on, 5 Vegas No. 1 Gold lit perfectly, a nice long smoke this morning. Make sure all the fur balls have a special treat on such a nice morning. Take a couple of slow long draws....a great smoke. Watching a rather large Wolf spider scurry on his morning hunt for bugs, his name is Harry. Turn my chair to keep him in view and then I sit up. Bang, crash and thud. I know what it is, and I am afraid to look. My chair had caught my biggest humidor and sent it over the desk to the floor. It is my "special" humidor, and contains all the bombs, gifts and trades from you guys and I knew there would be damage. But miracles happen. Not a single damaged cigar (scattered everywhere) and the humidor was also undamaged (glass top). The noise it made when it hit the floor was terrible and I expected the worst. I guess I was holding my mouth right.

Comments

• Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Good job JD....this is why we can't have nice things
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miracles do happen! If that were me, every cigar would have been broken and the glass top in a million pieces!

• Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Happy outcome to a potential disaster. Good to hear luck was on your side and the cigar gods were looking out for you
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Shew....that will make you sick knowing the little jewels inside. Glad they're okay.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you had no loss. Sometimes we get lucky in spite of ourselves. I dropped a small cheap 50 count and cracked one of the mitered corners but it is not noticeable. It still managed to keep great humidity throughout the winter while some of my other desktops failed. I was thinking of repairing the crack but now the repair idea seems pointless.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone is smiling down upon you!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Karma, goes around comes around. God must have known loosing your cigars would make you go off the deep end. So He intervened to save your family and us. Love to have seen the look on your face, before and after though.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scream would have forced your eyes closed...
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Ol' Murphy likes to stay at your house it seems JD, we need to whomp him right out!

Aj