Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

#46 Anejo

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Well I had my frist Anejo, well other than the #77 I had back a while ago. I very mild stick, lots of flavor and not much pepper. Well the pepper sort of peaked out after the last half. Not as strong as the Opus that's for sure. Draw was easy and lots of smoke. Flavor was more pronounced through the nose (cocoa, wood, earth, spice). Had a leather/pepper taste that lingered. Went out 2 times but it was because I wasn't paying attention to it. It burned rather well though. The aroma was sweet until about half way into it, then it moved to more of a spice. It tasted much different than the Shark did. I really want to light up the others but I must show restraint. I did notice that it had to be puffed on more, about 40 seconds or so to keep things going, so it's a fast stick. I'm eying a box of #50's, so I hope I can jump on that. A good smoke.

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The Torpedo is my favorite!!!!!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well I had my frist Anejo, well other than the #77 I had back a while ago. I very mild stick, lots of flavor and not much pepper. Well the pepper sort of peaked out after the last half. Not as strong as the Opus that's for sure. Draw was easy and lots of smoke. Flavor was more pronounced through the nose (cocoa, wood, earth, spice). Had a leather/pepper taste that lingered. Went out 2 times but it was because I wasn't paying attention to it. It burned rather well though. The aroma was sweet until about half way into it, then it moved to more of a spice. It tasted much different than the Shark did. I really want to light up the others but I must show restraint. I did notice that it had to be puffed on more, about 40 seconds or so to keep things going, so it's a fast stick. I'm eying a box of #50's, so I hope I can jump on that. A good smoke.
    You are making me want burn that Shark i got from you in that most glorious trade we did sometime back. Still have it and all its Fuente siblings sitting in a nice neat row waiting on judgement day, Birthday is near, so I bet at least one goes up in smoke.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Nice review Squirrel. Only had one Anejo so far and I think it was the 48. I remember it being very mild as well and just so-so in the flavor department. Very strong cedar flavor, but not much else to it. I've got a few that have been sitting for a while now. I'll have to try one soon.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The 77 shark is my def favorite ...still have a few left from last year ...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    Will you guy's stop it !!

I have a 55 sitting in my humi as retaliation fire from Gmill, and this thing has been talking to me since I put it in there. You guys going off on these things is making me sweat !

I was planning on smoking this one for Christmas...but that's still over two months away !!

So, Gene. You seem to know these sticks very well. What can I expect from the 55 you so graciously sent my way?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

I have a 55 sitting in my humi as retaliation fire from Gmill, and this thing has been talking to me since I put it in there. You guys going off on these things is making me sweat !

I was planning on smoking this one for Christmas...but that's still over two months away !!

So, Gene. You seem to know these sticks very well. What can I expect from the 55 you so graciously sent my way?
    Well a little more pronounced flavor than from the 46. A little more peppery and also more of a chocolate. I'd love to get a box of them as well as the 50's. In some ways I like the anejos more than the opus's, though I've only had two of each. I love the GOF's though. Overall I say fuente has made some damn good cigars.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Overall I say fuente has made some damn good cigars.
    I'd tend to agree, but I also question whether they are worth what they sell for. I haven't been blown away by any high-end Fuentes yet.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Overall I say fuente has made some damn good cigars.
    I'd tend to agree, but I also question whether they are worth what they sell for. I haven't been blown away by any high-end Fuentes yet.
    true, though if you can find them lower than an inflated price then I think they are worth it.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Well Doug my palate says pepper and I taste more coffee bean/mocha than chocolate ( I never have picked up a heavy chocolate from them) with spice prevalent but fades in and out. Wonderful thick smoke and very smooth and creamy...one of the creamiest cigars I have ever smoked. These sticks just seem to really really relax me and lay me back ...not like a knock you on your behind thing but more of a contented everything is right with the world type thing . Enjoy brother !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Well Doug my palate says pepper and I taste more coffee bean/mocha than chocolate ( I never have picked up a heavy chocolate from them) with spice prevalent but fades in and out. Wonderful thick smoke and very smooth and creamy...one of the creamiest cigars I have ever smoked. These sticks just seem to really really relax me and lay me back ...not like a knock you on your behind thing but more of a contented everything is right with the world type thing . Enjoy brother !!!
    succumb to it doug, just smoke it!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Says the evil squirrel as it rubs its evil paws together !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Well, I could smoke a Cuban for Christmas...LOL
  • Options
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

cubans suck, the shark is better
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Now you are just trying to bait me.

Bad squirrel, bad.

• Options
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:
    laker1963:
    gmill880:

Now you are just trying to bait me.

Bad squirrel, bad.

don't make me throw nuts!!!!!!!!