Home Ratings & Reviews

La Perla Habana Ivory Robusto

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody tried these? Saw them on closeout. I'm a sucker for a decent cigar at a buck and a half.

Comments

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    I'd really like to try one without having to make the full investment. I like the Morados a lot, but the regular Black Pearls not quite as much.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a morado fan myself. All the different black pearls gets confusing. Isn't the morado a black pearl too. I forget. But I like em :)
    They may all be Black Pearls. I've had a couple Morados and one of the "regular" non-Morado BPs. Both were good, but the Morado was better. I keep wondering why the Ivory is on closeout--a failed experiment? If my humidor wasn't already overstocked I'd probably give this a try.
    I know that the morado is Cameroon. Thats one reason I like them. I used to know which black pearls were what wrapper but I've forgotten. If I see a good daily deal that I want sometime soon I'm gonna also order some of these ivorys and I'll send you a few. In fact I have rested a few bundles of various black pearls you can try too if you want. I'll look up which wrappers are on which and re familiarize myself as to what's what. They are all a good everyday smoke in my opinion. But like your experience, some are better than others. BTW I think the ivory is Maduro. They probably ran out of one component of the blend and couldn't make enough of them to go around. Either that or they suck. LOL. But I did see some positive feedback on the sister site. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks, Bob. The Cameroon wrapper must be what I like the Morados so much. I wonder what differentiates the Morado from the La Perla Habana Cameroon (which I guess is not a "Black Pearl," if tha means anything more than marketing. If Ivory is Maduro that's a very good thing.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM me your addys and I will send you some to try
    rsherman24:
    Awesome offer Sherm. Thanks. Just saw your post or I would have responded earlier. But give me a few days or so to set up a po box at the usps. I've been in limbo between houses and well, anyway that's the short version of that story :) Thanks again. BTW what do you think of them (La Perla Habana Ivory)?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    rsherman24:
    Awesome offer Sherm. Thanks. Just saw your post or I would have responded earlier. But give me a few days or so to set up a po box at the usps. I've been in limbo between houses and well, anyway that's the short version of that story :) Thanks again. BTW what do you think of them (La Perla Habana Ivory)?

OK. Just shoot me over your new addy once you have it. They are a good smoke. I like them, just that I never seem to get to them.
    Thanks to generosity of Mr. Sherman, I've been able to try one of the Ivories.

My personal verdict? Don't bother. Don't get me wrong. I really like the La Perla Habana Morados and the original Black Pearl. They're strong, picy, flavorful cigars with really toothy wrappers.

The Ivory I've found to be rather blah. Very mild, not particularly complex, with a rather nondescript wrapper. If you can search hard enough, you can find Morados near the price point of the Ivories, and I'd recommend them over these anyday. But, that's just me.