Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Help

Hello,

I am new to this site. My husband is on here all the time. I want to surprise him and get him some cigars for his birthday on July 5th. I need some help with what kind he likes since I am very unfamiliar with the different kinds. I can't keep up with what he says, and looking in his humidor isn't any help.

Can someone give me some insight as to what to buy him?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your husband a forum member? If so, what is his screen name (you can use private message if you don't want him to know). If not, maybe some cigar brands or names from the humi may help.
  • Options
    I sent you a message with his name.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    If he's not a forum member, just snap a few pictures of whats in the humidor and show us. We'll help ya out

Edit: Just saw your last post. I think he'd notice a picture of his own humi
  • Options
    He is a member of this forum. I can send you a message of his name.
  • Options
    Yeah, please do. We'll do some digging.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    You could also find his forum name, click on it, and check out his bio to see if he has a list of what likes.
  • Options
    I sent it. Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    How would I go about finding his name?
  • Options
    james40:
    You could also find his forum name, click on it, and check out his bio to see if he has a list of what likes.
    Already done for her :)
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    can i just stand and applaud? I hope my wife is as smart and wonderful as you are around my birthday time.
  • Options
    Thank you! He really is such a good person to me and I want him to have the best birthday. I know how much he enjoys cigars and I want to actually buy some for him for once. He deserves it.
  • Options
    danksheehandanksheehan Posts: 46
    Do you have any single sisters?
  • Options
    brianetz1:
    can i just stand and applaud? I hope my wife is as smart and wonderful as you are around my birthday time.
    My birthday passed, no cigars for me. :(
  • Options
    danksheehan:
    Do you have any single sisters?
    LOL
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    If he buys regularly from CCOM (which I am sure he does), you could call and talk to a rep. They will have a history of his purchase activity and could recommend his favorites or cigars he might like that are similar if you would like to get him something new. You could also give them a budget and let them build something for you. However you make it happen I am sure he will be happy.....I know that if my wife took the time to do this for me I would be pleased no matter what I got!
  • Options
    gripnrip:
    If he buys regularly from CCOM (which I am sure he does), you could call and talk to a rep. They will have a history of his purchase activity and could recommend his favorites or cigars he might like that are similar if you would like to get him something new. You could also give them a budget and let them build something for you. However you make it happen I am sure he will be happy.....I know that if my wife took the time to do this for me I would be pleased no matter what I got!
    Good Call!
  • Options
    gripnrip:
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into that tomorrow since he is on his way home from work. LOL. Another member recommended I emailed a guy named Tim aka The Beard so I did that. Waiting to hear a response from him.
  • Options
    cigargirl365:
    gripnrip:
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into that tomorrow since he is on his way home from work. LOL. Another member recommended I emailed a guy named Tim aka The Beard so I did that. Waiting to hear a response from him.
    Oh the Beard will take care of everything
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he orders from CCOM often, you could always call them up .....
    Tell them his name so they can look up his past orders and recommend something that's in line with his tastes....

EDIT:
    Looks like gripnrip and I are on the same wavelength today.
    Great idea right here.
    gripnrip:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Any one know when this birthday is? Maybe we can all pitch in and help out...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Asked for that in a PM. We will coordinate something.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    cigargirl365:
    gripnrip:
    You are in good hands then-no worries now!
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Yeah, please do. We'll do some digging.
    Let me know??
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like love to me.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    cigargirl365:
    Thank you! He really is such a good person to me and I want him to have the best birthday. I know how much he enjoys cigars and I want to actually buy some for him for once. He deserves it.
    If my wife said this I think I'd have a heart attack! She's like...eeeewwww...you stink! Lol :(
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Any one know when this birthday is? Maybe we can all pitch in and help out...
    In the first post she said July 5th
  • Options
    If anyone would like the details to help this thoughtful wife out, please PM me. I have the name, addy, date.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your help. I truly appreciate it.
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    hear hear! Way to go lady, class act. Now who is the lucky feller?
  • Options
    PM with info