Home Non Cigar Related

Looking for a new knife

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
I lost my old folder a few months ago and am looking for a good, durable everyday carry folder. Assisted opening is nice but not necessary. Has to be american made. Anyone have opinions or what has worked for you in the past?

Comments

• BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    I am a big fan of Kershaw knives. The Leek is the perfect everyday carry size. I don't notice it is there most of the time. It stays sharp a long time. I had an issue with the assisted opening not fully opening the knife. I sent it in and they said there was a build up of lint and tape inside. They cleaned and sharpened it and sent it back. Didn't cost a dime. I also like the cyro and cyro II. But they are made in china.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Kershaw also. I bought a Ken Onion with 420 HC steel blade. Great to sharpen and holds an edge better than any knife I have owned. Assisted opening as well
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup kershaw spider co and sog are my go tos but for a knife you can abuse and sharpen easily and also not care about gerber is good!
    Money can't buy taste
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scored a nice Tidioute from the factory guys who set up a folding table in front of the Ace Hardware in Tidioute. AShould have seen their 4th of Julky parade. You could see the whole thing in one block. A Model T, a gal on a horse, a dozen marchers in Union uniforms, and the rodeo clown in his go kart car. Anyways, made at the cutlery factory been there in NW PA for like ever. Nice big knife.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of cold steel. I have their Ti-Lite and love it! It's been my go to stabby for over 8 years. :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I love Spiderco, but if you want the American made one you need to buy the more expensive blade, the less expensive blade is made in China.

Benchmade is a nice blade also......
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    I picked this one up yesterday for an everyday pocket blade..........

http://www.basspro.com/Spyderco-Tenacious-G10-Black-Blade-Lockback-Folding-Knife/product/120829053406999/
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    When i used to buy knifes for boy scouts i used to buy Gerber but that was in 2008 so i have no idea what is good out there. Gerber is a good pocket knife that is pretty simple but good
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Kershaw or leatherman wave.

Aj
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Cold Steel, it is the only place I'd ever buy a knife from. They actually use quality carbon folded steel, none of that stainless crap. check em out. www.coldsteel.com
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    I love Spiderco, but if you want the American made one you need to buy the more expensive blade, the less expensive blade is made in China.

Benchmade is a nice blade also......

Made a mistake and gave my Spyderco to my stepson, that won't happen again. It was the best on the belt folder I ever had and sharpness was never an issue.

• Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Spyderco is a nice knife! was given a rescue one by a fellow firefighter this weekend and it is sharp! that thing can cut about anything.