Home Ratings & Reviews

Review: Oliva Serie G

Having trouble with formatting here, Original Post Here: http://cigarreviews.wordpress.com/2009/10/14/oliva-serie-g/ Size: 3.7

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review! I have a few of these resting in my humi.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Nice review. I find the Special G's to be one of my favorite sticks. There are plenty of times that I can smoke one in the truck while waiting for the wife at the mall or where ever. The 30 - 40 minutes it takes to burn one is great for the middle of the day when you don't have a couple of hours to sit and enjoy a good cigar.

I always find the pre-light smell from these sticks is almost like a "cheese" smell more then barn yard. The flavors blend so well together from this stick. Spicy-sweet.

I remember some BOTL here thought that these were too small to be considered a good stick, when these were discussed in the past. I just think that when you don't have time to enjoy a full size stick... rather then rush thru one, or nub it before it is ready to be nubbed, then that is where the special G's is a great choice.

Funny thing tho. I bet after smoking a few from the box... you'll find yourself smoking them in a lot of different situations and not just when you are trying to squeeze in a stick in a short period of time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think i like the G maduro better, but im not mad at the g
    kuzi16:
    Hey you know what? I never even thought about the "other" Special G. I was refferring to the Maduro in this stick as well. I liked the Cameroon one too, but no where near as much as the Maduro.
  • laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    Hey you know what? I never even thought about the "other" Special G. I was refferring to the Maduro in this stick as well. I liked the Cameroon one too, but no where near as much as the Maduro.
    Haven't had the Maduro yet, got one in my humi. This Cameroon was excellent though! If the Maduro is better, I might be converted...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    well... to get a better perspective, i do tend to like maduros a lot. i may be a bit biased. if you like maduros and you like Oliva i think youd like the G maduro.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    damn maduro snobs....
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    damn maduro snobs....
    Tell me that you don't like the Series G in the Maduro... you can't can you.

Damn squirrels.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    damn maduro snobs....

Damn squirrels.
    lol, actually haven't had it yet. though I have come to enjoy maduros a bit more. I wasn't overly impressed with the G though, maybe the maduro will be better. The only Olivia blend I like is the V and especially the V maduro.
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    kuzi16:
    damn maduro snobs....

Damn squirrels.
    lol, actually haven't had it yet. though I have come to enjoy maduros a bit more. I wasn't overly impressed with the G though, maybe the maduro will be better. The only Olivia blend I like is the V and especially the V maduro.
    You haven't got any Oliva G's then? hehehehehe he says while rubbing his hands (real hands, not those squirrel hand thingies) together.

The Maduro's in the G's are great IMO. I can send you a few different sizes to give them a try if you like Pheebs?