Home Non Cigar Related

More MLB talk....

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
First off, bad news for you idiot non-Tigers fans. Looks like the funk is over. Time to steamroll into the playoffs!!! My real observation, however, is about the AL East. Is this going to be the first year since the wild card was introduced that we don't have the Yankees or Red Sox in the playoffs? Discuss.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a Red Sox fan isn't easy, but it ain't over till its over! I remember a year we had a 15 game lead on September 1, and still didn't even make the playoffs! A lot of baseball left to play. Too early to tell.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. They are only a handful of games out. Anything can happen.

btw, Derek Jeter DOES NOT deserve to be the SS on the AllStar game. He isn't even trying. He's just cruising and accepting lame and outrageous gifts this season.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Derek Jeter DOES NOT deserve to be the SS on the AllStar game.
    Fo sho.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Fo sho.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:

btw, Derek Jeter DOES NOT deserve to be the SS on the AllStar game. He isn't even trying. He's just cruising and accepting lame and outrageous gifts this season.
    I agree, one or both of them could pick it up in the second half. I just find it amazing that those two combined have a track record of making the playoffs every year for nearly 20 years. Hope it ends this year :) Also, I really, really hate retirement tours. What a joke. Hated the Rivera tour last year and Jeter's is just icing on the Yankee hate cake.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a Yankee hater, just a Red Sox lover! I even root for them ( Yankees ) if no one else from the AL East is playing. Don't pay too much attention to the "retirement" thing.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly surprised with how well Seattle is doing with all of their young players but it's nice to see. Don't think we will make the playoffs but this is the most games over .500 in 5 years.
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:

I agree, one or both of them could pick it up in the second half. I just find it amazing that those two combined have a track record of making the playoffs every year for nearly 20 years. Hope it ends this year :) Also, I really, really hate retirement tours. What a joke. Hated the Rivera tour last year and Jeter's is just icing on the Yankee hate cake.
    also, trades ... expect a lot of it to happen. hmmm almost time for the HR derby contest. Off to the sock store I go
    danielzreyes:
    also, trades ...
    Yeah, expect my Tigers to pick up Benoit from SD shortly to strengthen the crappy bullpen :)
    Best record in the NL. Eat it, Baseball Tonight. XOXOimage
    Next year I'd like to enter the HR derby as a contestant. I'm sure I can hit as many as Puig did this year. (Maybe more)
    Name/Year/Home Runs Mike Piazza 1993 0 Mike Piazza 1994 0 Raul Mondesi 1995 2 Hee Seop Choi 2005 5 Matt Kemp 2011 2 Matt Kemp 2012 1 Not a Dodger friendly contest.
    Kershaw should be the starter tonight.
    I agree, but I don't want that to overshadow the fact that I think Waino is a great pitcher.Kersh had a few things going against him...the manager, the missed time and the fact that him throwing a three hit complete game but giving up one run is seen as a disappointment....yeah, he's amazing.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to start a war, but saw a stat the other day that caught me by surprise. Verlander is 8-8 with an ERA teasing 5? He jump the shark?
    rsherman24:
    Not trying to start a war, but saw a stat the other day that caught me by surprise. Verlander is 8-8 with an ERA teasing 5? He jump the shark?
    I'm cutting him a little slack. He did have core muscle surgery during the off-season. Besides, I can live with a team that has Verlander as its #5 starter. LOL!
    OK. Haven't been following them and just saw the stats as a preview during a game. Guess we can let him slide a little. LOL
    If the Tigers don't make the WS it's Verlander's fault. If they do make it but lose, still his fault. No slack in Baseball!
    danielzreyes:
    If the Tigers don't make the WS it's Verlander's fault. If they do make it but lose, still his fault. No slack in Baseball!
    Honestly, who stands in their way of the AL pennant?
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Justin Verlander
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    Justin Verlander
    Worst case, we'll start Scherzer, Sanchez, and Porcello before him. No worries :)
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Fo sho.
    Couldn't agree more.

I expect retractions and apologies before I head to the post office.
    rsherman24:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Fo sho.
    Couldn't agree more.

I'm sorry Derek Jeter. I'm sorry I don't have a hat to tip to you.
    danielzreyes:
    rsherman24:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Fo sho.
    Couldn't agree more.

Good Job Daniel. Next
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed that Nike commercial....Re2pect
    rsherman24:
    danielzreyes:
    rsherman24:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    danielzreyes:
    Fo sho.
    Couldn't agree more.

Good Job Daniel. Next
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    Don't be a hater. Even those filthy Red Sox tipped a hat
    MVP

#re27pect
    Stud
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He went out in style. What impressed me was the respect he got from his peers.