Home General Discussion
Options

Nub

2»

Comments

• Options
    LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    I just finished my first Nub. I have to say I was quite surprised at the length and quality of the smoke. It 's a much slower smoke than your mind thinks it is. Great smoke through out, consistent and into the sweet spot after like 1/8 inch of ash. It does take some getting used to because of the size, but it's a well constructed smoke that is enjoyable from start to finsh, for me anyway. I'm not completely sold on it but it's everything they said it was. I bought a box so I have a few I'd be willing to trade if anyone is interested, let me know.
  • Options
    Hey larry, what kind do you have of the nub? I'm interested in a trade for a couple...
  • Options
    464 Torpedo Nicaraguan, Connecticut
  • Options
    emyers99emyers99 Posts: 15
    Larry,

How long did it take you to smoke?
  • Options
    I really didn't time it but...I have a 40 minute drive from work and it wasn't half way then. It really fools you, you think your smoking it down but it doesn't burn down that fast. It's was a fat cigar though!
  • Options
    wow.  Maybe mine was a rare one.  It seemed perfectly humidified and hardly lasted 30 minutes. 
  • Options
    We all smoke them a bit different, driving home I was more concerned with driving than smoking but couldn't wait until I got home. I like them, but can't get used to the size.
  • Options
    DPGDPG Posts: 1
    I just got mine in the mail and I'm letting them rest up. In about a week I'll give one a try and report back. They do look great though!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    emyers99:
    wow.  Maybe mine was a rare one.  It seemed perfectly humidified and hardly lasted 30 minutes. 
    do you puff once a minute or so ?

that should be your goal
    one puff per minute.

itll cool your smoke and youll get more flavor and less bitter.
  • Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    I just got done smoking my first one. A cameroon 460 and all I can say is WOW! Awesome smoke. I timed it cause I've read a lot of controversy about the subject. Mine lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes. So not bad at all I would say. But I would highy recommend this smoke. Loved every bit of it.
  • Options
    I try to keep it to one puff every 45-60 seconds.  I tried the Connecticut 460 yesterday (or whatever the torpedo is called) and I tried to cut a little less off the top to see if that would add some smoke time.  I didn't like the flavor as much as I did the Cameroon (not bad, but I just didn't like it as much) but I did get more smoke time.  Got 45 minutes out of it.  I think I'm going to let the others rest a while in the humi.  Given everyone elses 1 hour smoke time, I'm starting to think the ones I bought must be a tad dry. 
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    "I tried the Connecticut 460 yesterday (or whatever the torpedo is called) and I tried to cut a little less off the top to see if that would add some smoke time."

how much do you cut off the cap? shouldnt be much more than a sliver.
  • Options
    CrimthannCrimthann Posts: 37
    jihiggs:
    "I tried the Connecticut 460 yesterday (or whatever the torpedo is called) and I tried to cut a little less off the top to see if that would add some smoke time."

how much do you cut off the cap? shouldnt be much more than a sliver.
    I completely agree. The way I do it is put my xikar cutter flat on the table, stick my cigar into it so the end touches the table, and cut it. Your cut should always be below the cap or you run the risk of the cigar unwrapping.
  • Options
    that's the way I do it too.  Sometimes with torpedos, I cut a little more to free up the draw but mostly stick to the cutter on table method. 
  • Options
    Yup I agree also. These little buggars are really growing on me though. I do wish they were like maybe 1/2 and inch to an inch longer. I like the girth as they are. I do think think they are a great smoke from start to finish.
  • Options
    anybody willing to give up a nub habano or cameroon in a trade?
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I can't seem to find the sampler for sale on the ccom website someone mentioned. Any help?
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I didn't see a sampler for sale either, just the one you get when you purchase a box. If someone has a couple of Habano's they would like to depart with, I'd be interested.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I'd just call up the guys at c.com. I just got my catalog in the mail today and it has the sampler. They may be so popular that they are on backorder, but the guys can usually hook you up.
  • Options
    matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

Ya know, I didn't get my cutter at Cigar.com. I know Blasphemy right? Anyways, It has a back on it that is like maybe 3/16 deep from the cutting blade. It is quite nice and doesn't ever run the risk of cutting off too much. Totally diggin the Nub idea but haven't ordered any yet. Wonder if my sub par cutter can hack it. (Bad pun I know) Peace Cigar Lovers!

-Matt

• Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    My local B&M had an Oliva event this past Saturday. I finally got my hands on some Nubs as they were handing them out to try. I smoked the Habano on Sat. and the Cameroon on Sunday. Interesting cigars, lots of smoke, pretty decent burn, and both took over an hour. Bottom line, I prefer the Habano over the Cameroon, the flavor profile of the Habano was much more enjoyable IMHO. 10 to 1, I will be making some room in the humi to store a few.