Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Auction for a good cause

Hey gents, my long time bass player has run into some financial trouble. He had to sell his prized Warwick thumb bass to pay the bills. His wife has been battling cancer, twice now in two years, and just had another surgery last week. Two bouts of chemo, she cant work, and the bills are killign him. He was too proud to tell me, even though he had a breakdown last week. He's one hard working SOB, and I started a FB page to help him get it back. Our goal is to raise 1k by the end of the weekend through our local community of musicians. Any funds I raise over will help pay the medical bills. I am putting these two fivers up for auction until midnight tomorrow night. Payment via LapYap to catfishbluezz@hotmail.com friends and family, I will ship priority mail Monday afternoon. Bidding starts at $20 a piece, and if anyone feels so inclined to donate any amount, feel free to do so as well. Please respond with a message that says Sampler A or Sampler B and the bid you wish to place. Anyone whom has battled cancer or had a family member battle it knows. Thank you for your consideration, this place rocks.

Now on to the cigars... From left to right (if you need to know brands PM me)
Sampler A
2006----2010----2007----2008----2008

The following five cigars are as follows:
Sampler B

Carlos Fernandez: ligero behike, Partagas Gran Reserva, Cohiba Gran Reserva, Medio Tiempo rodolfo and the robusto sized is a Monsdale Jr robusto. Any questions, just ask, these were all rolled in May

Comments

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Cancer blows, I'll bid $50 a piece for both A and B.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Thank you sir!

Lot A current bid $50-blutattoo
    Lot B current bid $50-blutattoo
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bid $65 for Lot A. Sorry to hear about the troubles.
    catfishbluezz:
    Thank you sir!

Lot A current bid $65-Morgan
    Lot B current bid $50-blutattoo
    BTW...I will toss in extras as well if these get significantly higher.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot A $75. Lets keep this going
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot A 100 Lot b 85

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers for him and his wife. I wish I could get in on this but bad timing. Great guys have already stepped up though.
    The leading bids now. This stays open until midnight tonight. Thanks so much guys. I started a FB page and am getting a great response. One gentleman offered to donate a guitar signed by Merle Haggard for a $500 donation, very cool.
    matkn293:
    Lot A 100 Lot b 85
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpiditty. I know someone can do better than this?!?!?!?!?!?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

matkn293:
    Bumpiditty. I know someone can do better than this?!?!?!?!?!?
    thanks brother, the winning bids now are excellent. It's also looking like we've raised enough to buy the bass back and hopefully help them pay some bills.
    matkn293:
    Lot A 100 Lot b 85
    I am taking the pics down now, since these are ISOM lol. Shoot me the funds via Paylap and I can get this out tomorrow brother.