Home General Discussion

newbie, and cigars, La Fontanna Vintage?

Hi guys:
I'm pretty new to the cigar "hobby." I say hobby, as that is really all it is for me. I tend to puff one or 2 when I'm away on business or vacation. Total may reach 10 or 12 a year. That's fine by me. As a former cigarette smoker, I don't want to relapse into something habitual. I really do enjoy right where I'm at in this.

Having said that, I'm always on the lookout for a "new favorite." So far I'm very into the uber mild connecticut wrapper sticks. Positive experiences have been with the:
Ashton Classic
Aging Room Havao
Oliva Connecticut Reserve
Macanudo Hyde Park

Part of what I love is that most of these sorts lean toward the lower end of the price spectrum of premium hand-mades.

For instance, on a recent business trip I tried the La Fontanna Vintage. WOW. Super mild and a hint of sweetness as it went on. In asking around,... this stick, like the Macanudo doesn't seem to get a lot of 'love' from some of the guys--I guess cuz it's nothing special, but I sure liked it.
Enough, in fact, to ask for further recommendations along the lines of premium hand made mild connecticut smokes with a "sweetness" to them. Anything else come to mind?

Thanks for the help!

T.M.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The great thing about this hobby and/or obsession as most on here would call it is there is a taste for everyone. It's all about what you like. I would suggest Nat Sherman Host Selection. Mild good smoke with a hint of sweetness On the tongue. Another mild that I have tried although without the sweetness would be Ave Maria Immaculata and Alec Bradley Connecticut. Both exceptional smokes and not a bank breaker. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and information.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this several times, "Cigars are not an addiction, they are a hobby, an addicting hobby!"

+1 on the Hyde Park.