Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Just gonna leave this here..... I can not contain my excitement

Give me a follow on Instagram (tylerlivesinnashville) to see these next few chapters of my life unfold, and thank you all for being great BOTL'S!!!!

Instagram

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I know you must be on cloud 9. Sent you a PM........
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Tyler!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That's awesome bro. Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent!
    You looking at automotive only or heavy duty too?
    Do you have a job lined up?
    What are you looking for? Dealer, indy or fleet?
    Driveability, drivetrain, steering and suspension, other?
    Are you looking to relocate?
    Are you going for your ASE certs?
    As you probably know, in some areas, "good" mechanics/techs are getting harder to find.
    Especially in fleet shops.
    The last 3 field tech positions we had, only had 5 applicants qualified and took 3 months to fill.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome job Tyler!! Now where's the Moonshine pics? Is she doing good?
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Way to go man!!!! :)
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contgrats Tyler :)
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Excellent and congrats!!!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job, congrats!

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I drive Bearswatter's Durango in Pennsylvania the front end sounds like I hit a pothole. What do you think it could be?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on that, time for celebrations and libations for a job well done.
  • Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    0patience:
    Excellent!
    You looking at automotive only or heavy duty too?
    Do you have a job lined up?
    What are you looking for? Dealer, indy or fleet?
    Driveability, drivetrain, steering and suspension, other?
    Are you looking to relocate?
    Are you going for your ASE certs?
    As you probably know, in some areas, "good" mechanics/techs are getting harder to find.
    Especially in fleet shops.
    The last 3 field tech positions we had, only had 5 applicants qualified and took 3 months to fill.

Yes i had 8 ASE certs before i graduated, and they are all affective. The only one i lack for having Master Technician status is transmissions. I have decided i will take some time away from grinding at the study book for transmissions and go for my L1 cert which is a highly advanced level of engine performance. I currently just relocated here to Nashville to pursue more of the luxury lines of vehicles and currently have my eye on Porsche. Porsche doesn't have any openings at the time i moved and i needed income so i accepted a position with Acura as a basic line technician. Driveability is my strong side for sure, i was two away from having a perfect score on my engine performance ASE cert.
  • Options
    If you can get the L2 cert too, it opens a lot more doors, as there are far less guys going for diesel.
    And while the A9 test is not required for the Automotive Master cert, I highly recommend it.
    Anything you can do to make you look better to a prospective employer will help.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    Thank you for all of your input. My goal is to someday get a perfect job in this industry and not have to get dirty or turn wrenches. Hahaha, i know its a long shot but its what I am shooting for.
  • Options
    Bamablows:
    Thank you for all of your input. My goal is to someday get a perfect job in this industry and not have to get dirty or turn wrenches. Hahaha, i know its a long shot but its what I am shooting for.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    I started out working out of a gas station at 17 and then working on fishing vessels for my family.
    I've worked for a European Import shop, Subaru, GM, fishing vessels, logging equipment, worked as a diagnostic consultant and now I have a job that I spend as much time in the office as I do working on equipment.
    Learn everything you can and don't get cocky. No one likes a know it all.
    There is a difference between knowing what you are doing and being someone who comes off as a know it all. Those mechanics/techs who have to profess to know everything, usually don't.
    If that makes any sense.
    Being on top of the basics and understanding how things work is the key.
    If you have a full understanding of how something works, it makes it a lot easier to diagnose why it doesn't work. And you'd be surprised at how little a lot of techs no about the basic principles of electrical and hydraulics.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: