Home General Discussion
Options

Norcal Herf in October

I'm heading up to Oregon House, CA. from Oct 11 - 17 for camping and to visit my daughter in Chico. I would like to get a herf going somewhere in or near Sacramento or if there's a more central spot please let me know. I would love to meet any and all who are in the surrounding area's.

Comments

• Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I'm heading up to Oregon House, CA. from Oct 11 - 17 for camping and to visit my daughter in Chico. I would like to get a herf going somewhere in or near Sacramento or if there's a more central spot please let me know. I would love to meet any and all who are in the surrounding area's.
    Sounds like a great idea. Lots of good B&Ms in the Sacramento area. I believe Bombay lives in Sac or very close. Also jlmarta lives somewhere close, but not sure where. I know a few guys live in the bay area too, but I can't remember all of them.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    turcelli lives up there too. he's in citrus heights. i suggest ya'll meet at Perfecto Lounge in Roseville. Great spot. Craft beer on tap, wine, and they have a great selection. James let me know as the day gets closer. I'm always up for a little drive up there and herf w/ you
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Yes sir yes sir! Paging robbyras, paging robbyras.......
  • Options
    jliu:
    turcelli lives up there too. he's in citrus heights. i suggest ya'll meet at Perfecto Lounge in Roseville. Great spot. Craft beer on tap, wine, and they have a great selection. James let me know as the day gets closer. I'm always up for a little drive up there and herf w/ you
    Yep ditto on the Perfecto lounge. The only place that serves beer and wine that I know of. The humidor isn't the biggest, but it has some good stuff in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Looks like a great place so let's plan to meet there.
  • Options
    Bump - about 4 weeks out. What dates and times work to meet up at Perfecto?
  • Options
    james40:
    Bump - about 4 weeks out. What dates and times work to meet up at Perfecto?
    The 11th or 12th works for me. We have a couple of new members Tara and Jay who live not to far as well, maybe they'd wanna join us as well.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be able to do the 11th or 12th. I'll have to check with Tara cause I'd be leaving her home with the kids.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    The more the merrier. The 12 works just fine. Let's pencil that in for now.
  • Options
    james40:
    2 weeks out folks. Im thinking a start time in the afternoon works but I can meet anytime. What times do you want to meet?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    james40:
    2 weeks out folks. Im thinking a start time in the afternoon works but I can meet anytime. What times do you want to meet?

Bump. I'm not seeing any responses from local BOTLs or otherwise. Can we see a show of hands?? How many of you are planning to attend? And does the 12th work for everyone??
  • Options
    I'm in like flynn
  • Options
    Okay, guys. So far that's James40, Blutattoo, and myself. What about you Bay Area guys, San Ramon guys, Novato guys?? And the others I can't think of at the moment? And what about setting a time to be at the Perfecto?? Time's a-wasting..... ??
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Okay, guys. So far that's James40, Blutattoo, and myself. What about you Bay Area guys, San Ramon guys, Novato guys?? And the others I can't think of at the moment? And what about setting a time to be at the Perfecto?? Time's a-wasting..... ??
    I will be there as well. Not sure if Tara will join us or not. She's been a bit under the weather lately.

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Under the weather is no good, I don't mean anything by this but is under the weather = morning sickness agin?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Oh good God no. If it was, she'd have some explaining to do. I had that issue taken care of years ago. No more little ones for me. :) She's been fighting a nasty cold that looks like it's turning toward bronchitis. Only a week till the herf so she may not be feeling up to it.

• Options
    Put me down as a tentative. Got a schedule conflict with a friend visiting from out of town
  • Options
    jliu:
    Put me down as a tentative. Got a schedule conflict with a friend visiting from out of town

That's easy - bring the friend. Particularly if she's good looking.... ??
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    We gotta plan a November one guys. I'll be out there Nov 21st-23rd.
  • Options
    How does 1pm sound?
  • Options
    james40:
    How does 1pm sound?

1 pm sounds good to me. And the last time I was there, there was a place right next door where you could order sandwiches and things for lunch and they'd deliver when your order was ready. I don't know if that's still the case.... I do remember that the sandwiches were quite good.... ??
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    james40:
    How does 1pm sound?

1 pm sounds good to me. And the last time I was there, there was a place right next door where you could order sandwiches and things for lunch and they'd deliver when your order was ready. I don't know if that's still the case.... I do remember that the sandwiches were quite good.... ??
    Awesome, that sounds perfect!!
  • Options
    See you guys @ 1. There is a place next door for good grub, just can't remember what it's called.
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    yep been to Profecto Lounge and will be in the area
  • Options
    One last bump
  • Options
    Well, we Dood it. Too bad not many of the supposed attendees showed up. Those who did enjoyed themselves, I think. I know I did - for sure. The Perfecto Lounge is really a nice place.

those who attended are:
    photo 07886705-BC23-495A-B5D4-EDAF307C28A1.jpg
    James40

photo 1C59A980-9D5D-4D4E-93C3-815C3CD214B5.jpg
    And Blutattoo.

I was the only other guy who showed but you've seen enough photos of me so no need to post another.

James and Jason, it was great meeting you and enjoying a stick or two with you.
  • Options
    It was great to meet you guys. Now I just gotta find time to do a camping trip. James I'll let you know next time I'm in SD.
  • Options
    Very nice! Love seeing guys get their herf on
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you guys had a good time.
  • Options
    I'm sorry I missed it guys. Looks like y'all had a good time though. :)