Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Arganese Maduro

I received my 20 sticks today toro Arganese Maduro. the first time I have ordered 20 from CC the box did not have any humidor bags in it I don't know if that is the norm when you buy 20 sticks in the past orders for sampler's 7 to 10 I always got them. anyway, the sticks were nice but a little flat on flavor but smooth. it actually got increased in strength mid way then it went limp with flavor. I would not get this cigar again but it is not terrible nor is it really good either. I will order something next week to put in my new humidor another 20 of something more full bodied for a maduro. "With a medium-bodied profile and a host of fine flavors including chocolate and espresso, this creamy handmade has just the right amount of sweetness." must be some other stick they are talking about

Comments

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    When I first started, this was my "go to" stick. Haven't smoked one in a while but I always felt that for the price, you couldn't beat them. I'll have to dig deep to find one but I do think I still have one. Also, I recently saw some rebranding done with Arganese. Does anyone know if anything changed?
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had one of these but for less then $2 a stick I just would never get my hopes up. IMO the lowest you should go is $6-7 a stick...most companies with such low cost are just trying to pump out a product and hope it sells....others actually put pride behind the name
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I got mine from CC they were advertised as a new stick. so I tried it. It was not as good as I thought it would be. it is smooth, nice ash, limited flavor and had a limp finish. as son as I get la Gloria or one of my favorites I will move these to the lower draw :0
  • Options
    hmmm here on CC it was advertised as a new arrival , it was my understanding that some times they under price them to allow more product to get out to the consumer a marketing tool :). it was smooth nice draw no knots, the leaf stated to unravel at the foot after lighting ( just go them in Monday).
  • Options
    I have to apologize to CC to the false claim I made. This was not a new arrival it in fact was a Clearance stick on CC . I am sorry for the bad info. I am new to the web page and I want to be fair and truthful in my posting. I am a fan of CC and have received what I have order every time. So again forgive me CC. this Stick was not a NEW "A" Very respectfully, RetirCS1 USN
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    If you just got them Monday perhaps some rest time in the humidor will do them some good. I've not had one personally but have had similar experiences with cigars that were recently delivered. Give 'em a couple weeks or a month of rest and smoke another.
  • Options
    ok I never herd of that :) thank you I will do :)
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the above. I've smoked them for a while and I have a delivery of 20 coming today. You can't beat them for the price and with some age on them, they are a pretty good smoke.

retircs1, thank you for serving.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    I have to apologize to CC to the false claim I made. This was not a new arrival it in fact was a Clearance stick on CC . I am sorry for the bad info. I am new to the web page and I want to be fair and truthful in my posting. I am a fan of CC and have received what I have order every time. So again forgive me CC. this Stick was not a NEW "A" Very respectfully, RetirCS1 USN

Very well said. You will find that (if you have not already) that CCom is a vendor that backs up their products and has great service.

Now about resting and aging....I am surprised that no one has mentioned the wisdom of a well rested and at times well aged cigar, and this goes for any purchase I make. The difference is usually very noticeable. I always smoke a "new" to me as soon as I get it, but the rest of the order will always rest for a minimum of 2 weeks. I even buy some brands that I know I will age for a few months because of the experience I and others on the forums have had.

I am, as I type this, smoking an Ivory Band Black Pearl that I just got, and it shows a great deal of promise, so into the humidor the rest will go for some R&R. Wish I had moved on these sooner, it is a limited run and fast disappearing. They are going to go the way of the yellow band and folks on here are hoarding them and that makes me so sad.

PS you have a PM.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some cigars that are fine ROTT (right off the truck) and there are some that need some rest in the humi.
    The problem is, most often you will need to find out for yourself which ones are which.
    You might be able to find some posts on certain cigars where folks mentioned that they are ok ROTT.
    I'll second the 2 weeks rest comment.

You may also find that there may be certain cigars that you will try, that will not be to your liking, that you may leave sitting in your humi for 8-12 months, that will drastically change.
    There are many times that I've purchased certain cigars that I didn't care for, only to go back to them a year later and they were pretty good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Thank you , Zero, jd50ae, and yankeeman for your input I really do appreciate it. I am trying to build up my humidor and I did not know about the aging needed after receiving a new 10, 20 or 25 ct sticks. what has been all of your experiences in cigars that are ready to burn right off the truck? or as I understand it cigar continue to change as aging continues? And all cigar should be given time to rest? thank you again,