Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Getting RUTHLESS -- DONE!!!

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Two words (a blaspheme and bunch of stars): holy ***.

Just completed day 2, forgoing the diet, and got my @$$ handed to me both times. I didn't even do it 100%, I did it all I could, but it wasn't close to what the DVD people were doing. I hope it'll still work!! Are there easier days? LoL
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Lol no....
  • Options
    I did the assessment yesterday as well, which was harder than I thought. I figured I'd get 10/10 or at least close to it. Then I realized those numbers were in pushups, situps, etc. in ONE MINUTE. Yeah, I got 5/10.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    I did the assessment yesterday as well, which was harder than I thought. I figured I'd get 10/10 or at least close to it. Then I realized those numbers were in pushups, situps, etc. in ONE MINUTE. Yeah, I got 5/10.
    ya, it will get easier. I have had to take a break from it..need to get back on board with doing it daily
  • Options
    Day 4 done, beating 4 taken. Not getting easier, but I'm almost coming to enjoy the brutality of it, hahahaha
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, may I have another!
  • Options
    Day 8 done. Stairs are a problem right now...
  • Options
    Haha ya its harsh
  • Options
    Update
  • Options
    Hahahaha, I figured no one cared. Today is day 23 and I am DREADING doing killer 100s again. Definitely able to do these workouts closer to 90%+ the second time around, which is really encouraging. I'm looking forward to the mid-way test in a week!!!
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Hahahaha, I figured no one cared. Today is day 23 and I am DREADING doing killer 100s again. Definitely able to do these workouts closer to 90%+ the second time around, which is really encouraging. I'm looking forward to the mid-way test in a week!!!
    awesome man! You ever have a cliff bar? They are great for a pre and after workout snacj. I eat half before and half after. I have a tun if you want to try send me your addy
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    Ken Light:
    awesome man! You ever have a cliff bar? They are great for a pre and after workout snacj. I eat half before and half after. I have a tun if you want to try send me your addy
    I used to eat them all the time. IIRC, though, they're not gluten free, and I've found I have a pretty nasty gluten issue. Thanks for the offer, but I have to pass. My wife makes a darn good protein shake though, I've been drinking those after the harder workouts.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Midpoint assessment today. Got 7/10, which was a huge improvement over the first time. Might have been 8/10 if I took my resting heart rate closer to first thing in the morning, or at least before caffeine.
  • Options
    Just finished day FORTY SEVEN. I can't imagine I've gotten through this. I've exercised on this thing for over a month and a half without a rest day. I don't think I've exercised seven days without a break before this, let alone FORTY SEVEN. I feel like I'm in the best shape I've been in my life right now. Sure, things hurt, but besides that I'm feeling great!! Just thirteen days to go. Then on to what's next.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep on going. I've been gluten free and exercising for twenty five years. I'll be 68 soon and i hold my own kayaking with the young folks. Make working out part of your life. Exercise reduces stress and keeps you young.
  • Options
    First Warrior:
    Keep on going. I've been gluten free and exercising for twenty five years. I'll be 68 soon and i hold my own kayaking with the young folks. Make working out part of your life. Exercise reduces stress and keeps you young.
    I'm gluten free as well. Not by choice, but because it tends to tear **** up inside. Been eating healthier as well, I only allow myself ~1 cheat meal a week.
  • Options
    There is a lot of gluten free pasta and such in small Asian grocery stores. Rice pasta and GF pizza mix is now easy to find. Years ago there were a lot fewer choices. Stay strong.
  • Options
    First Warrior:
    There is a lot of gluten free pasta and such in small Asian grocery stores. Rice pasta and GF pizza mix is now easy to find. Years ago there were a lot fewer choices. Stay strong.
    Yeah, companies are making better and better gluten-free options all the time, but to be honest I don't eat a lot of them because they replace things I'm trying to cut out. For a good beer, though, if you can find Omission, that's some good stuff. They brew with normal ingredients and then remove gluten.

Thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it!!
  • Options
    Completed the 60-day regimen today, easy ending, just some yoga. In truth it took me 61 days to complete because this past tuesday I was not able to exercise, I left the house at about 6:15 and returned about 9:30 and really had no time to exercise in there without losing too much sleep. Oh well. But a final skills assessment as well and this time I got 8/10 which puts me into their top tier. I fell 3 burpees short of 9/10 , which was somewhat infuriating, but it is what it is. The other lost point was for resting heart rate, which I don't think I'll ever get down to 65 bpm or lower, that's just me.

Next I plan to do it again, but slower. 4 days on, 3 days off (same long hours at work as this past tuesday for T/W/Th all semester). Those off days won't really be off though, they'll be spent on my feet for hours and walking a lot and not taking the elevator to get to and from my 4th floor workplace. I'll keep doing skills assessments every month or so to see if I progress. Should take me 15 weeks, done around Christmas.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Good job bro, it's all about dedication!
  • Options
    Rain:
    Thanks! I just noticed that image in your signature, can I steal it when I finally get it done?
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Rain:
    Thanks! I just noticed that image in your signature, can I steal it when I finally get it done?
    Of course, anyone can use it. I played around with the software for about 30 mins. Either have to pay or spend wayyyyy more tme on it to get the MOW helmet in the background.
  • Options
    Nice! Weight loss? Muscle? More details
  • Options
    Probably lost 6 or 7 lbs, definitely more toned...maybe if the Eagles suck real bad and I drink more I'll take an after pic, lol
  • Options
    your weight will probably stablize as muscle weighs more than fat. If you have good muscle tone you can burn cals at rest. Lose weight while you sleep. keep at it.